LinkedIn is a professional social network platform. It is one of a kind. You can use the app to search for jobs. You can personalize and change your LinkedIn public profile URL when you change what appears in your public profile.
It will definitely have a good impact on your job search. You can put your LinkedIn profile page URL to business cards, email signatures, resumes, and websites. That is why it’s a good idea. Personalized public profile URLs are made available to users on a first-come, first-served basis. Members can only have one personalized public profile URL at a time.
The Steps to Edit Public Profile URL:
People may want to know your LinkedIn URL in job applications. If you don’t want to ask yourself “what is my LinkedIn URL“, you should view or edit your LinkedIn URL before job applications.
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn home page.
- Then click View profile.
- Select Edit your public profile and URL to the right.
- Under the Edit your personalized LinkedIn URL section to the right, click the Edit icon next to your public profile URL.
- www.linkedin.com/in/your name must be a similar address.
- Type the last part of your new personalized URL in the text box.
- Click Save to have your changes saved.
How to Change Your LinkedIn URL for Company
If your company’s name changes slightly (e.g., if you remove a hyphen or add “LLC”), you may need to update your LinkedIn Page URL (web address). If you are a linked Page administrator, you can do so in the admin center of your Page.
To edit the URL of your Page in the admin center:
- Sign in to your page manager center.
- Click the Admin tools drop-down menu.
- Select the Public URL.
- Please contact us if you don’t see the Public URL option in the drop-down list.
- Enter the desired URL changes and click Save changes.
- You will see a message in the lower-left corner that the operation was successful.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when editing your Page’s URL:
- Changing the name of your organization does not automatically change the URL.
- Page URL changes are evaluated based on eligibility.
- Your old URL will redirect to your new URL.
- All LinkedIn Pages have a permanent second URL with their ID number. When accessing the admin center of your Page, the ID field automatically displays the ID number instead of the customized URL. Members of the Page do not see their ID number.
- The secondary URL of the Page containing the ID number can route traffic to the Page.
- Search engines may take several weeks to redirect traffic to the new Page URL.
- Note that the old URL can be used by other Pages 365 days after the URL changes.
- The page URL cannot be changed multiple times within 30 days.
- The Page’s URL and name must match. The proposed URL change cannot be misleading or ambiguous.
What You Need to Know: The Details
How to Update LinkedIn Profile & Tips
LinkedIn is a social network that allows every professional to build their own personal brand. The best way to do this on this platform is to create a...
What Is LinkedIn Pulse?
LinkedIn Pulse is the LinkedIn social network section that highlights your brand by creating blog articles. Among all the actions you can develop on L...
When it’s time to change your LinkedIn URL, make sure you remember these:
- Your custom URL can consist of 5-30 characters, long letters, or numbers. Do not use spaces, symbols, or special characters.
- Since you will share this URL with other users, we recommend that your URL include your name and the name of your professional brand. This allows users to find your LinkedIn profile. Some job applications may ask for the URL of your LinkedIn profile.
- When you change your LinkedIn URL, people can be challenged to find your new URL. That’s why you can buy LinkedIn followers.
- There is no case separation in the modifiable part of the URL. That is, Linkedin, LinkedIn, or LinkedIn expressions all go to the same profile.
- If the URL you want doesn’t match, please select a different URL. We are unable to provide custom URLs based on members’ requests.
- You can change your URL five times in six months. After changing your URL for the fifth time, you’ll have to wait another six months to change it again. Changing your URL several times makes it difficult for people to find you.
- If members use a URL and change it later, the original URL will not be available to members other than the original owner for six months.
- You may see No Profile Found if you previously requested and went to a URL.
- Profiles in other languages have the same URL, but LinkedIn adds a language field to the end of the address. For example, “fr” is appended to a member’s French profile URL.
- When an account is closed, the personalized public profile URL of the account will be available 20 days after the closing date.