A profile picture is the first thing that tells the story you want to tell to your target audience on social media platforms. It should come as no surprise that Instagram profile pictures are an essential component of our social media experience, given that the platform is known for allowing users to share photos. So, how do we ensure that our profile image is the best? How can our Instagram profile photo be customized? You are in the right place if you’re looking for answers to these queries.
This article will explain how Instagram profile pictures work and help you choose an Instagram profile picture. Additionally, we will provide you with steps to change your profile picture to help you stand out and tell your story through your profile picture.
How Does Profile Picture Work on Instagram?
Without a doubt, a good first impression is vital. Users quickly scroll through Instagram profiles and posts. And when they do, it takes only a few seconds to draw attention. The choice to click on a profile depends on the initial impression you leave and, thus, your profile picture.
The key to people finding and recognizing you on social media networks is your profile image. A profile photo allows people to attach a name and a face to the person doing the work. Millions of individuals use Instagram; therefore, posting an image makes you stand out.
Therefore, if you’re unsure about how to pick an Instagram profile photo, see the tips and recommendations in the section below.
How to Choose An Instagram Profile Picture
There are several methods for uploading images to Instagram. You can upload a photo from your phone’s gallery, take a picture with your camera, or import images from other social media sites like Facebook.
The first thing visitors will see is your profile picture. Users consider it the first factor when deciding whether to follow your Instagram account and click on your profile. It is essential for communicating who you are and what you do to others. So, how do we pick a profile picture that will draw the interest we want? You may ask.
The first thing you must do is choose what you want to use as your profile photo. Make sure your face can be seen in your profile photo if you use Instagram for personal reasons. However, adopting the brand logo might be a better choice if you represent a brand. In addition, you can use Instagram profile picture maker.
Knowing what kind of image you’ll use as your profile picture is important, but it’s not the only thing you need to think about. Before ensuring that you choose the right photo, there are a few things you should think about. If you don’t know where to begin when picking an Instagram profile photo, simply follow the tips below:
- Ensure that your photo is correctly cropped to a 1:1 aspect ratio, with your face or the brand logo occupying most of the middle space.
- Make use of a high-resolution image.
- Make sure your profile image contrasts the colors to draw users’ attention.
- Make use of natural light.
- Make use of vibrant colors, whether they are in writing, an object, or the background.
How to View Instagram Profile Pic
You cannot click on a profile picture on Instagram to view it in its full size. We are here to provide you with advice on how to view an Instagram profile pic because of this. You might try the following ideas to make the Instagram profile picture zoom:
- Use a third-party website to view profile pictures of Instagram users.
- Use a third-party app to view profile pictures on the mobile app of Instagram.
- Use InstaFollowers’ Instagram Profile Picture Size tool.
Using third-party websites, you can easily copy the profile’s username and put it into the webpage. The user’s profile image will then be visible in full. You can also accomplish this using a mobile app you can download from the Google Play Store.
Steps for Changing Profile Picture on Instagram
It is hard to stick to one profile picture nowadays. Instagram usage preferences, habits, and goals are constantly evolving. When the Instagram profile and posts change, it becomes necessary to update the profile photo.
You will need to know how to update your profile photo, whether you are a new Instagram user looking for your first profile picture or a user or professional seeking a new profile picture that will fit your Instagram style. We’ll give you the methods to change your Instagram profile picture.
It’s crucial to remember that changing your Instagram profile image on a computer differs slightly from the one for a mobile app. Due to this, we will outline the steps for altering your Instagram profile picture separately for the desktop and mobile apps.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Desktop
Changing your profile image is simple if you want to use Instagram on a desktop. The first thing you must do is log into your account on the website for Instagram. Check the next steps after logging into your account on a desktop:
- Click on the person icon in the top right corner.
- You will see your Instagram profile now. Next, click on the “edit profile” option.
- Tap the “change profile photo” option and choose the “upload photo” option.
- You may now choose a photo from your computer and upload it as a new profile picture.
There you go! You now know how to change your Instagram profile picture on your desktop. However, remember that it might take a few seconds for Instagram to upload your new profile photo. If you are using the Instagram app on your smartphone and want to change your profile photo using the mobile app, check the next section for the guidelines.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Mobile App
If you access your Instagram account via a mobile app, you might be curious whether altering your profile image differs from the desktop user guide. If you want to modify your Instagram profile photo on the mobile app, simply open the Instagram app on your phone and follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account once you open the app.
- In the bottom right corner, you will see the person icon. Tap on that.
- You will now see your Instagram profile. Make sure to click on the “edit profile” button.
- Tap on the “change profile photo” option.
- Once you click on the “change profile photo”, you will see options such as “take photo”, “import from Facebook”, and “choose from library”. Choose your preference.
Follow these steps if your preference is to add a “new profile picture”.
- Choose a picture from your phone gallery.
- Choose a filter and edit the picture.
- Tap on the “next” button, and your new profile photo will be shown on your Instagram profile.
There you have it! You now know how to change your Instagram profile picture using the Instagram app on your mobile phone. If you still have some queries regarding the Instagram profile pictures, check the next section, where we answered the most frequently asked questions regarding Instagram profile pictures.
In conclusion, we explain Instagram profile pictures and how to change them in this article. Additionally, we provided steps to change your profile picture on desktop and mobile apps. We hope this article successfully explains how to choose and change an Instagram profile picture.