When a user comes to your channel and doesn’t see your profile picture and channel picture, a question mark will appear in mind. Some users will not be sure if the channel belongs to you, and you need to convince them that you manage it, so you must welcome them the right way. In that case, you may want to learn how to change the cover and profile picture on YouTube?
Profile and channel images are of great importance both in this aspect and in terms of visual diversity.
To increase the number of subscribers in your YouTube account and to increase your engagement rate, the most important thing you need to do is to set the profile picture and channel cover photo.
How to Set Your Channel Cover or Profile Picture
To get the most aesthetically pleasing view on your YouTube channel, you can create a YouTube profile picture and YouTube cover photo with the information you’ll grasp on this article.
Let’s take a closer look at how you can create and change your YouTube profile images and YouTube cover photos.
- Let’s start the process by clicking on the channel name in the upper right menu on YouTube’s homepage.
- From the opened actions menu, we click My Channel.
- We accessed our YouTube channel. The next step is to click the “Customize Channel” button.
- From the page that opens, click the Add Channel Image button.
- We have reached the section where we can adjust the channel image and channel cover image. You can choose to change your profile image or channel cover picture and proceed. However, the main thing you should know is that this is the place for both of these visuals.
- Click on the “Select a photo from your device/computer” button.
- To set a YouTube cover or profile photo, we find the existing picture on our device and click the Open button. The cover photo we uploaded will be visible on computers, TVs, and mobile devices. If everything is ok, click on the Select button.
- You may start making small adjustments on this screen. To do so, you can start by clicking on the Set Crop button.
- Congrats! You have successfully customized your YouTube images.
What Is the Best YouTube Profile Image Size?
We see that you want to create the perfect profile picture for YouTube to choose the right YouTube profile picture if you keep a couple of things the right way throughout the process.
The best YouTube profile picture is 800 x 800 pixels, but don’t forget that YouTube does not use square images for profile pictures. You have to keep in mind that your picture will be circularly cropped, so adjust your image according to that. You can edit your profile photo to adjust it to YouTube via online resizer websites.
These numbers are quite similar to an Instagram or Twitch profile picture with the same circular crop.
What Is the Best YouTube Channel Image Size?
Your cover picture will be visible on desktop computers, mobile devices, and TV screens. For best results on all devices, Google recommends that you upload a single image of 2560 x 1440 pixels.
Also, YouTube will display your channel image differently on each device. Therefore, you need to know what your final image will look like when uploaded.
- Minimum upload size: 2048 x 1152 pixels.
- Minimum safe area for text and logos: 1546 x 423 pixels. You can crop larger images in some designs or devices.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 pixels. Thus, regardless of the screen size, the “safe area” is always shown to the users. The fields on each side of the channel image are shown or cropped according to the display size.
- File size: 4 MB or smaller.
Also, you should know that you can place a YouTube watermark, also known as a YouTube logo, to your channel covers. If you wish, let’s see what a YouTube watermark is, and how you can create one.
What Is a YouTube Watermark?
If you have experience promoting your YouTube videos, then you probably know that you can create a brand logo for any video. The logo is often confused with the user icon, but these are two different things.
A user icon is an avatar, photo, or picture that resembles a channel on the homepage and next to user comments. The brand logo (watermark) makes your videos unique, and it allows people to subscribe to you.
If others use your videos without getting your consent, viewers will see your name and your channel; therefore, it will be evident that this content was taken without your permission.
It is not uncommon for a popular channel to place its icon on their cover photos (in this case, the cover size should be 2560×1440 pixels or 2048×1152 pixels) or add to the video presentation.
What are the YouTube watermark requirements?Now that we know what the YouTube channel logo is, let’s see the requirements we need to meet:
- YouTube recommends using PNG or GIF files,
- Use a template with a transparent background,
- Make sure the image is legible,
- Image size should not exceed 1 MB,
- Avoid using too many colors (A single color is a perfect choice),
- Avoid using inappropriate images (You’ll bear the risk of being banned)
How to Create a YouTube Profile Picture & Cover?
You can use a free YouTube profile picture generator for a start. Canva may do the job for you, but there are alternatives too. 800 x 800 pixels.
This is where you can customize your YouTube picture by adding relevant images, text, and icons (similar to creating an Instagram highlight cover, you can check our article out).
Place a circle on the canvas to see what will be clipped and stretch it so that some of the edges touch the photo’s outline. This will give you a better idea regarding the soon-to-be cropped part.
Don’t forget to delete the circle before saving. After that, you can safely download your ready-to-go profile picture.
FAQs About Changing YouTube Channel Art
The best channel art size is 2560x1440px. Also, keep in mind that the minimum file dimensions are 2048x1152px.
Minimum image dimensions on Youtube are 2048x1152px; the minimum image safe area for text and logos are 1546x423px. And the file size limit is 6MB.
The best Youtube logo size is 800x800px, but note that YouTube profile pictures are given a circular crop.
To Conclude YouTube Channel Art
Your YouTube profile picture can determine if people will tap on your channel, affecting their first impression. So make sure you look credible and established with a properly sized YouTube picture.