Launched in 2017, YouTube TV was a great alternative streaming service offering the convenience of watching live tv on any device at any time with their unlimited cloud DVR. Along with costing just 35 dollars per month, it quickly became a smart option for people looking for a more cost-effective and convenient replacement to traditional streaming tv services. With YouTube TV’s latest inclusion of the Viacom Networks to their channel lineup, their monthly price has risen to 65 dollars per month, which is far from being a good deal. If you no longer want to use their services due to the price increase, here is how to pause or cancel your YouTube TV membership.
There are two ways you can cancel your membership. One is by your computer, and the other is by the mobile app. It is also possible to pause your YouTube TV membership. We will touch upon it in the article. Let’s start with canceling on your computer.
Steps to Cancel YouTube TV
You used YouTube TV for a while, and you are not satisfied. It is too normal, and you know what is YouTube TV, so you can reactivate your membership whenever you want. Cancel your membership or pause it for a while, no matter what you decide; here are the steps.
Cancel YouTube TV Membership On Your Computer
The easiest way to cancel your YouTube TV Membership is by doing it online on your computer. Here is how to do it.
- Go to tv.youtube.com on your PC or Mac device.
- Click your avatar on the top right corner of the website. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on “Membership.”
- Click on “Pause or Cancel Membership” under the “Youtube Tv” listing and select “Cancel.”
Cancel YouTube TV Membership On Your Phone
If you have an android device, you can cancel YouTube TV on the YouTube TV App. There is no feature like that available for iPhone or iPad, so if you don’t use an android device, you have to cancel your subscription on your computer. To cancel your YouTube TV subscription on your android device:
- Open YouTube TV App on your Android device.
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the interface. Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Click on “Membership”
- Select “Pause or Cancel Membership” under the “Youtube Tv” listing and tap “Cancel.”
If you are an iPhone user, you can go to a browser and follow the same steps to cancel your subscription.
Pause Your YouTube TV Membership
If you are unsure whether you are ready to deactivate your YouTube TV membership, you can pause it for a minimum of 4 weeks up to 6 months. The pause will start after the end of your current billing cycle, and you won’t be able to access YouTube TV after the pause starts, but your previously recorded programs will be saved until the end of the paused period. Here is how to pause your YouTube TV membership:
- Open the YouTube TV app on your android device or go to tv.youtube.com on a web browser.
- Click on “Settings” and choose “Membership.”
- Select “Pause or Cancel Membership” and click “Pause Membership.”
Why Can’t You Cancel YouTube TV Membership?
There can be several problems with why you can’t cancel your YouTube TV membership if you try to cancel your membership with your iPhone or iPad. As we mentioned before, these devices don’t allow you to cancel your subscription. You should try to cancel your membership on the browser. If you don’t use these devices, try to delete the app and upload again because there can be momentary technical problems. If the problem still continues, contact YouTube TV Support.
What Happens After You Cancel Your YouTube TV Membership
- After canceling your membership, you will still have access to your YouTube Tv account until the end of your payment period unless you are on a free trial.
- You will lose access to your account immediately after cancellation.
- Keep in mind that all your recorded programs in your library will expire in 21 days, so if you are unsure about canceling your YouTube TV account immediately, you can pause your membership.
- If you activate your membership after terminating your membership, you will pay the current fee.
- You cannot access anything you save even if you reactivate your account.
Canceling YouTube TV in Short
YouTube TV was one of the best alternatives to traditional streaming services, but after the recent price hike, it became even more unaffordable. You can cancel or pause your YouTube TV membership easily without any additional cost on your web browser at tv.youtube.com or the YouTube TV app on your android device.