If you stream too much music and you can’t live without it, Spotify is definitely a platform worth trying. However, you may want to delete an account. You can always reconsider your decision and go a little bit easier on yourself with acting to cancel your Spotify Premium at some point. Which one should you do if you’re tired of it? Let’s see!
Spotify Premium is a paid service that costs $ 9.99 per month and for that money, it gives you the ability to play any song in its massive catalog, download it to your device and listen offline, a whole ad-free experience and higher definition audio.
Do you know that you can buy Spotify plays for your latest tracks? Yes, it’s possible! Why not act now and show the world that you’re up next?
Cancel Your Premium Subscription on Spotify
There is fierce competition on the music services side. There are many options ahead of you, and you’ve given Spotify a chance.
However, you have reached the end of your free trial, or you do not wish to continue your paid membership. In fact, your main move is to convert your Spotify Premium subscription to a free membership.
What Will Happen & Start the Process
You will no longer be paying Spotify, but you can continue to enjoy the rights of free members at any time. So you can keep Spotify on any mobile devices of yours, and computers.
Spotify Premium subscription cancellation is not possible through mobile applications. To do this, you need to go to Spotify’s website and log in. You can follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to Spotify.com.
- Afterward, log in to your Spotify account.
- Click your username in the top right corner.
- Then choose the “Account” section from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the “Membership” option on the left menu.
- Click the “Change or Cance”l button on the page that opens.
- On the newly opened page, click “Cancel Premium.”
- You can confirm the cancellation by clicking “Yes,” or abort it by hitting “Cancel.”
How to Delete Your Spotify Account
Spotify is the most popular music application of recent times and is used by millions of people. Although it is a widely used application, there may be many people who no longer wish to use it.
If you have found another application or no longer want to use it, you can delete a Spotify membership.
At the end of this article that we’ve prepared for you about deleting a Spotify account, you’ll find that removing a Spotify account isn’t at all that problematic.
We will tell you a step-by-step visualization of Spotify membership deletion, and you will be able to handle this burdening task easily. Before starting the Spotify account closure process, let’s see what we should pay attention to the most.
What to Keep In Mind When Deleting Your Account
There are some essential things to keep in mind when deleting your Spotify account:
- Unfortunately, you will lose your username and will not be able to re-create the same username in the future.
- You will lose all the music you curated and saved.
- Deleted playlists can no longer be imported.
- You will lose all your followers.
- Remember, Spotify has a free membership plan. If you are a premium subscriber, it is possible to cancel your membership without completely closing your account.
How to Delete Your Account
Follow the steps for those who want to delete a Spotify account;
- Go to “https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/”
- Afterward, click “Contact Form” under “Customer Service and Support.”
- Enter your details by logging in.
- After that, Continue from the “Account” menu.
- Select “I want to close my Spotify account permanently.”
- Before performing Spotify account deletion, click the “Continue” button after reading Spotify’s article about what happens when you close your account. Spotify will ask you a question about why you want to close the account. Answer it, and click on the “Submit Question” button.
- Thus, click “Close Account.”
- Accept the confirmation on the screen.
If you do this in the order we provide you; your Spotify account closure will be successful.
If you wish, you can reach the right account deletion page with Spotify account deletion link without performing these actions.
Spotify account deletion link: https://support.spotify.com/us/en/close-account/
How to Know That It Is Done
Don’t worry. You may not receive confirmation immediately. Considering that Spotify is one of the most popular and widely used applications on the market. Therefore, you may need to contact them. Contact them by e-mail in the first place.
Response times are 24-48 hours. When checking your e-mails, check the spam box too. However, the answer may not come rather quickly.
If the reply is received and your account is still not closed, replay your request via the same mail. In case of persistence, they will gladly close. If you do not receive an e-mail, then contact them on Facebook and Twitter. It will be more effective.
If you’re signed in to your account with Facebook then remove the application permission from your Facebook account to cut the ties.
After deleting a Spotify account, your username will no longer be available. You will not be able to open a new account with the same username. All the playlists you create will be lost. You can’t reaccess your favorite songs. If you have followers on Spotify, you will lose your followers after Spotify deletion.
When Spotify is deleting an account, as we have shown above, Spotify will tell you what happens when you close your account. However, to put it briefly, after you delete a Spotify account, whatever you have done through Spotify is lost.
Although Spotify has not provided much information about this, some sources recommend that you do not log into your Spotify account at least two weeks after the Spotify account deletion. If you try to log back into your Spotify account within two weeks, your Spotify account closure will be canceled.
Otherwise, if you want to open an account after deleting a Spotify account, you should use a new username as mentioned above, and if you want your playlists to be stored, you should hit the “Protect Free Account” button while you delete your account.
Well, if you are a Spotify Premium user, there are some things to consider when deleting a Spotify account. Occasionally, users are charged even after Spotify deletion.
Therefore, in order to prevent this, don’t forget to remove your credit card information from your account before you start the process of deleting your Spotify account.