Twitch Prime is an updated version of the Twitch Turbo subscription service. It is based on Amazon. In this article, we will touch upon how to cancel Twitch Prime. Twitch Prime comes with benefits such as a Twitch channel subscription, member access to game content, loot gifting, exclusive emoticons, expanded chat color options, a member-only private chat badge, and extended broadcast service. However, there might be reasons to cancel it.
There are several ways to cancel Twitch Prime. Let’s take a look.
Canceling Amazon Prime
Twitch Prime is a service that collaborated with Amazon Prime. Twitch Prime should be free for you if you have an Amazon Prime account. You can cancel it by canceling your Amazon Prime as well. Here are the steps for canceling your Amazon Prime:
- Go to your Amazon account.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the ‘Manage Prime Membership’ title.
- Choose ‘Cancel the Membership.’
Unfortunately, if you want to keep your Amazon Prime account but only cancel Twitch Prime, there is no direct way to do it. The closest thing you can do through Twitch is disconnect your Twitch from your Amazon account.
As you have linked your Amazon account to Twitch before, you have to follow the steps backward:
- Go to your Twitch Account.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the ‘Connections’ title.
- Click on the ‘Disconnect’ button.
Yet, if you’re thinking of canceling your Prime membership because you couldn’t get enough success on Twitch, don’t start to worry just now. You can still turn things in your favor. If you lack followers, for example, you can buy Twitch followers. It will give you the boost you need, and who knows, you can add a lot more to your account and become popular on the platform.
Can You Temporarily Cancel Your Prime?
As we mentioned, there is no direct way of canceling Twitch Prime, but unlinking it from Amazon Prime should do so. You can return to Twitch Prime whenever you want without canceling your Amazon Prime account. So, let’s take a look at the steps to unlink Twitch from Amazon Prime:
- First, log in to your Twitch account by visiting the Twitch website.
- Head over to your profile from the icon in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, go to settings.
- Click on the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Now, you will see your Amazon Prime account on the page. Click on the disconnect button to unlink your Twitch and Amazon accounts.
- Lastly, confirm the disconnection, and that is it.
Also, the Amazon Prime account cannot be canceled temporarily. So, you cannot disable or turn off Amazon Prime.
Keep in mind that Amazon Prime is not available in every country. It links with Twitch in these countries;
- The US
- The UK
Canceling Your Membership Through Twitch Customer Support
How to Get Twitch Stream Key
Twitch has become one of the most popular platforms for live video stream services, whether it is broadcasting of esports, video live streams, or "in ...
Twitch Error 2000
Twitch can be unavailable due to several errors. If there is a secure network problem, Twitch error 2000 occurs. It can be caused by adblock...
Another way to cancel your Twitch Prime is through customer support. If you have trouble canceling your Prime membership by the ways we have explained above, you may try contacting the Twitch customer support team. Here is how to do it:
- First of all, go to the Twitch contact support page.
- Fill out the form by describing your issue and adding your username and email address.
- You will have to select a category. Luckily, there is an ‘Account/log-in issues’ category.
- You can find the ‘Delete/deactivate account’ option under subcategories.
- After you select the subcategory above, you’ll have to log in with your username and password.
- When you’re back to the contact form, manually write and ask for your membership to be canceled.
- Select your platform from the ‘Platform/OS where the issue is experienced.’
- Prove that you are not a robot by completing the reCaptcha test and clicking on ‘Submit’ to end the process.
If you are determined to cancel your membership and need a detox, you can also learn how to delete a Twitch account.
Conclusion – Easy With Simple Directions
We discussed how to cancel Twitch Prime and explained how to do it. Unfortunately, it is not possible to cancel a Twitch Prime account directly. You must unlink Twitch from Amazon Prime or cancel your Amazon Prime account. You can also get help from the Twitch customer support team to cancel your Prime membership if you are having trouble with other ways.