You can block someone you don’t want to see on Twitter. Alternatively, you can block anyone you want at any time, regardless of your purpose of blocking. Moreover, today, we will give answers to questions some questions about this basic feature of all social media platforms.
What Is Blocking
Blocking someone on Twitter will prevent that person from reaching your account. When you block users, those users will no longer be able to follow you and send you messages.
Blocking someone on Twitter also deletes all your direct message history. So if you are going to initiate legal action against the person who is bothering you, blocking it without getting any record may cause you to fail to do so. Blocking someone on Twitter that is bothering you may also create problems for you to take legal action in the future too. We suggest that if you intend to start a legal battle with the person you are blocking, you should take a screenshot before blocking or you can save the page with browser add-ons that are dumped from your browser while the page is open.
How to Block Someone on Twitter App
- First, open the Twitter App from your mobile device.
- Then, go to the profile of the account you want to block.
- Click on the “Settings” icon, which is right next to the ‘’Follow’’ button on the profile.
- Then, click on the ‘’Block This Contact’’ button in the drop-down menu.
What Happens When a User Is Blocked
If you block a user, that user will not be aware of it, and you will be subject to the following:
- That person stops being your follower immediately.
- You can not see the updates of the person in your home feed.
- In the ‘’Connect’’ menu, you can not see the answers and actions of that person.
- You can not see that person’s tweets, profile or other interactions in the Interactions and Events menu,
- You can only see tweets when you enter the profile of the person you’ve blocked.
If your account is public; you can not prevent the blocked person from following you because if this user enters Twitter after logging out of their Twitter account and type your username on the search page, they can still see your profile. However, if your account is protected, you can ensure that they can not follow you, and contact you.
If you want to reach further information about what will happen to a blocked user, you can check the official Twitter Help guide.
When I Block Someone on Twitter, Will That Person Know
Many Twitter users are quite worried about whether a person gets a notification after blocking them. Well, when you block someone, whether, on Twitter or other social media sites, they won’t receive a piece of information.
However, this does not mean that users can not solve it on their own. If the users have been following you before they have blocked, they may notice that your account is no longer listed as one of their “followers and following” lists. Blocked users can notice that they no longer see your tweets on their feed and need to access to your Twitter profile.
If a blocked account checks the profile of an account that did block them, they will notice that they were blocked. There is no way to prevent users from finding out that you have blocked them. If you block someone and that person visits your profile, they will see a message that prevents them from contacting you. That way, they will know you’ve blocked them.
However, if you don’t want anyone to know that you have blocked them, there is something you can do. You can make your Twitter account a private account, so you can avoid blocking people in the first place. When your Twitter account is private, anyone trying to follow you must first be approved by you. If you don’t agree to the following requests, you don’t need to block them, and they won’t be able to access your tweets, and they won’t be able to contact you unless you want to.
If you visit the profile of the user who has blocked you, you will see a message that alerting you that you have blocked. So, you can still block other accounts even if another account has blocked you.
Unfortunately, you can only block accounts. You cannot block persons from browsing your profile. If your stalker is dedicated, they can use throwaway accounts. If you want to prevent this, you can make your account private.
How to Soft Block Someone on Twitter
If you want to stop all communication between you and a user, the most sensible way is to block it. However, you can mute that person only if you don’t want to be disturbed by that user and don’t want to end your relationship permanently.
This convenient feature allows you to temporarily or permanently filter all the noise a user creates on your homepage and filter all tweets of that person without actually blocking that person. Mute is different from blocking or unblocking because accounts you have silenced have no way to know that you silenced them. You can access the mute feature by pressing the settings key on the account page:
- First, go to the profile of the person you want to mute.
- Then, press the horizontal icon with three dots.
- From the list, click to the Mute option.
How to Unblock Someone on Twitter
Did you have inadvertently blocked someone, or do you want to unblock the users you have blocked before? Regardless of how you access your Twitter account, you can quickly find and unblock blocked users. Besides, after you unblock someone, you can follow that person again.
- Click to your profile picture in the top right corner and select “Settings and privacy.“ This will open your account settings.
- Click the“Blocked accounts” option on the left. A list of all accounts that you have blocked will be displayed.
- Just tap the “Blocked” button next to the account, which you want to unblock. Hovering your cursor over will change it to the “Unblock” button.