Like many live streaming platforms, Twitch TV allows users to talk to other users through stream Chat and personal messages. The stream Chat is linked to live videos, and you can chat with others in real-time. Unfortunately, if you invite the wrong people, you would love to have the power to block them out of your view. Wouldn’t that be great to learn how to block someone on Twitch?
The lock option is, by far, one of the most important performances that many seem to be ignoring. While the lock option of Twitch TV does not block the person from a channel, what it can do is filter out their insults and trolling, so you do not have to bother with them. Isn’t that great? And now, you will find out how.
Block Someone Through Twitch Chat
In this guide, you can find the steps to block someone through Twitch chat, both from desktop and mobile apps.
Steps to Block Someone on Twitch Desktop
To block someone using the desktop version:
- Locate and run your preferred Internet Browser.
- Go to Twitch.
- Enter Twitch TV if you are not already connected. Twitch does not allow users to block someone without logging in first.
- From here, you have several options to find someone to block. You can choose a channel from the left panel or join a channel broadcasting live, such as the “popular Live Channels ” tab.
- Once you are on a channel, Look near the top right corner. That is the stream Chat. Click on the user within the stream Chat you intend to block. This will make a small window on your profile card.
- On your Profile Card, click three vertical dots. Then click Block (name).
- Twitch will ask you if you are safe and confirm the lock.
- Click Block if it is your final decision. If there is a problem with blocking, you should contact Twitch Support.
Once the block is confirmed, you will notice that the stream Chat will hide your messages. And as a bonus, the blocked user will not be able to add you to Twitch, send you messages, or even host you.
Steps to Block Someone on Twitch App
To block someone using the Twitch app:
- Locate and launch the Twitch app. If it was recently installed, you should find it on your home screen or inside the app drawer, as there are all the apps you have currently installed.
- Get on Twitch if you are not already.
You must sign in with a valid Twitch account to block a user.
- Join any channel you want, preferably with the person you want to block. You can tap Next to view the channels you have subscribed to. Alternatively, you can select the magnifying glass icon in the upper left corner of the screen to search for a specific channel.
- Stream Chat is near the bottom of the page for smartphones and tablets, directly below the video. Scroll down to Stream Chat and select the person’s user name. A small menu will appear.
- In the list, tap Lock. Twitch will ask for your reasoning for blocking them. That is up to you. Then, touch confirm.
You can learn how to unban someone on Twitch if you want to unblock them.
Block Someone By Searching for Twitch Usernames
If you want to block someone by searching their username:
- Type the name of the user you intend to delete. Make sure the spelling is correct. Treat it as a case-sensitive password. For any user who matches what you have written, Twitch will replace your subscribed channels with a list of users. So these are the results of your search.
- Once you have found the person you are looking for, click on their username. A chat box will be produced.
- In the chat box, click the small purple icon in the upper right corner of the chatbox. These are known as “user options.” Clicking on it will produce a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click Block (name).
- Twitch will ask you if you are safe and confirm the lock. Click Block if it is your final decision.
What Happens When You Block Someone on Twitch?
Now that the user has been successfully blocked, take note of the stream Chat. Twitch removes your messages from your chat mailbox (they are hidden). Additionally, as a bonus, the blocked user cannot abuse the system by sending you messages, hosting you, or adding You to Twitch. Twitch TV is full of individuals you would like to mute, and now you have the power to do so. But again, they are not completely gone. The most you did was mute them. If your chatbox is silent because of this, you can buy Twitch followers.
Conclusion on How to Block Someone on Twitch
To conclude, we explained how you could block someone on Twitch or mute them. Hopefully, we were able to help. Sometimes, you may need to block someone because of inappropriate situations. Blocking someone is a straightforward process with your computer or phone. If you regret your decision, you can unblock the users.