Like many live streaming platforms, Twitch TV allows its users to talk to other users through stream Chat and personal messages. The stream Chat is linked to live videos, and there you can chat with others in real-time. Unfortunately, if you invite the wrong people you would love to have the power to block them out of your view. Wouldn’t that be great to learn how to block someone on Twitch?
The lock option is, by far, one of the most important performances that many seem to be ignored. While the lock option of Twitch TV does not block the person from a channel, what it can do is filter out their insults and trolling, so you do not have to bother with them. Isn’t that great? And now you will find out how.
Block Someone Through Twitch Chat
In this guide, you can find the steps to block someone through Twitch chat, both from desktop and mobile apps.
To block someone using the desktop version:
- Locate and run your preferred Internet Browser.
- Go to Twitch.
- Enter Twitch TV if you are not already connected. Twitch does not allow users to block someone without logging in first.
- From here, you have several options to find someone to block. You can choose a channel from the left panel or join a channel from broadcasting live, such as the “popular Live Channels ” tab.
- Once you are on a channel, Look near the top right corner of the channel. That is the stream Chat. Click on the user within the stream Chat you intend to block. This will make a small window, your profile card.
- On your Profile Card, click three vertical dots. Then click Block (name).
- Twitch will ask you if you are safe and confirm the lock.
- Click Block if it is your final decision.
Once the block is confirmed, you will notice that the stream Chat will hide your messages. And as a bonus, the blocked user will not be able to add you to Twitch or send you messages or even host you.
Using The Twitch App;
To block someone using the Twitch app:
- Locate and launch the Twitch app. If it was recently installed, you should find it on your home screen or inside the app drawer, as there are all the apps you have currently installed.
- Get on Twitch if you are not already.
To block a user, you must sign in with a valid Twitch account.
- Join any channel you want, preferably with the person you want to block. You can tap Next to view the channels you have subscribed to. Alternatively, you can select the magnifying glass icon in the upper left corner of the screen to search for a specific channel.
- For smartphones and tablets, stream Chat is near the bottom of the page, directly below the video. Scroll down to Stream Chat and select the person’s userName. A small menu will appear.
- In the list, tap Lock. Twitch will ask for your reasoning to block them. That is up to you. Then, touch confirm.
Block Someone By Searching for Twitch Usernames
If you want to block someone by searching their username:
- Choose your favorite browser and start it.
- Once your browser has started, navigate to Twitch.
- Enter Twitch TV if you are not already connected. If you are not signed in with a valid account, you cannot block users.
- In the left panel is your list of subscribed channels. So at the bottom of the panel is a search bar to add friends, click on it.
- Type the name of the user you intend to delete. Make sure the spelling is correct. Treat it as a case-sensitive password. Any user who matches what you have written, Twitch will replace your subscribed channels with a list of users. So these are the results of your search.
- Once you have found the person you are looking for, click on their username. A chat box will be produced.
- In the chatbox, click the small purple icon in the upper right corner of the chatbox. These are known as “user options.” Clicking on it will produce a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click Block (name).
- Twitch will ask you if you are safe and confirm the lock. Click Block if it is your final decision.
How to Get Twitch Stream Key
Twitch has become one of the most popular platforms for live video stream services, whether it is broadcasting of esports, video live streams, or "in ...
Twitch Error 2000
Twitch can be unavailable due to several errors. If there is a secure network problem, Twitch error 2000 occurs. It can be caused by adblock...
Now that the user has been successfully blocked take note of the stream Chat. Twitch removes your messages from your chat mailbox (they are hidden). Additionally as a bonus, the blocked user cannot abuse the system by sending you messages, hosting you, or adding You to Twitch. Twitch TV is full of individuals you would like to mute, and now you have the power to do so. But again, they are not completely gone. The most you did was mute them.
Conclusion on How to Block Someone on Twitch
To conclude, we explained how you could block someone on Twitch or mute them. Hopefully, we were able to help. You may also like our article about how to unban someone on Twitch.