Tumblr is an excellent service for sharing blog posts and photos, but what if you do not want to share your experiences with some people? Sometimes, we may encounter people who disturb us in applications or sites that we visit easily. Fortunately, thanks to Tumblr’s blocking feature, we do not have to put up with these people or pretend as if we do not see them. On Tumblr, you can block people you are uncomfortable with. So instead of pretending you do not see them, you really can block them and so that you will not see them. So today, we will explain to you how to block someone on Tumblr in detail.
How Can I Block Someone on Tumblr?
While surfing on social media, there may be some people that we do not like, and we do not want to see the posts they share on our page. From time to time, we want to block them directly without any effort. Tumblr gives us this opportunity, and you can block anyone you want. You can follow the steps below to blocking someone on Tumblr.
- Log into your Tumblr account on your mobile device or your computer.
- Then, go to the profile of the account you want to block. You can find the user’s account on the right side of the page when you log in.
- After going to the user’s profile, click the profile icon at the top right side of the blog.
- Click on the Block option, and then you will see a confirmation message. If you are sure about your decision, tap the Block option again to confirm.
How to Block Someone Who Does Not Follow Me on Tumblr
First of all, you should know that this can only be done on the web because you will need the Tumblr address of the person you want to block. Here are the steps to do it:
- Go to the Tumblr website and find the Tumblr name of the person you want to block.
- Then, go to their profile and copy this person’s Tumblr address.
- Tap the human head icon at the top right of the screen. After that, you will see a menu.
- Click the Settings section, and you will go to the Settings page.
- You will see your blog or blogs on the right side of the page; choose the one you want to block the Tumblr account.
- Now, scroll down the page, and you will see the blocked lists of Tumblr accounts part; if you have already blocked any Tumblr users, you can see their profile icon at this part.
- Tap the pencil icon at the right of the screen to block or unblock any Tumblr account.
- Lastly, type the Tumblr username of the person to block. That’s all.
How to Unblock Someone on Tumblr
You can unblock someone on Tumblr web and application, and this is not a very difficult process. If you are already talking and doing something with the person you have blocked and changed your mind, you may want to unblock them now. There are two ways to do this; you can unblock someone by following the steps below.
How to Unblock Someone on Tumblr Web
You can find the steps to unblock someone on the web below:
- Go to the Tumblr website and log into your account.
- At the top right corner of the page, you will see some icons, tap to the human head icon, and choose the Settings section from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the screen, and then you will see the Blocked Accounts section, tap the pencil icon next to it.
- Find the person you want to unblock and click to unblock button next to it. That’s it! Now you can freely contact them and let them see your posts.
How to Unblock Someone on Tumblr App
- Open your mobile device and go to your Tumblr profile page. At the top right corner of the screen, you will see the Setting gear; tap it to open your account settings.
- Scroll down the screen to see the Blocked Tumblrs section.
- When you find it, you will see the list of all the Tumblr accounts you have blocked, and you need to find the person you want to unblock.
- Lastly, tap the Unblock button next to the person’s Tumblr account.
How to Create a Private Tumblr Blog
Sometimes you may not want everyone around you or people you do not know to see your posts, profile, and private information. We like it when others see and like what we share, but sometimes we may need privacy. Fortunately, Tumblr gives us the option to create a private, password-protected blog because it understands us very well in this regard. Before explaining this process, you need to know that you should have a second blog.
- First of all, sign in to your Tumblr account and click the human head icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings and tap on your secondary blog address, then scroll down the screen to the bottom and find the Password Protect This Blog option, switch it to on position.
- Choose a password for your blog and enter your blog’s password.
Conclusion on Blocking Someone on Tumblr
With this article, you can block people you no longer want to see or who want to reach you. It is now very easy to know how to block someone on Tumblr, and you have the chance to unblock them at any time you want. Thanks to the hidden blog feature of Tumblr, you can take control of your followers as you wish.
How to Download Your Tumblr Blog
Since Tumblr announced its new regulations regarding banning adult content from the platform, many Tumblr users were looking for ways to back up their...
If you want to learn more about Tumblr, check our other articles about it. You may be interested in how to delete your Tumblr account.