LinkedIn is one of the most popular social media platforms in the business world. In 2014, “the block people on LinkedIn” feature was activated on the platform upon intense demand from users. Until now, LinkedIn users were saying that the block people on LinkedIn feature was the most important deficiency of the social media platform. Paul Rockwell, the head of LinkedIn’s security department, stated that this feature, which seems simple, is a very difficult feature to develop. With the blocking people on LinkedIn feature, LinkedIn members will block the LinkedIn profiles of companies that constantly send spam to them.
Changes Made to LinkedIn With the User Blocking Feature
Some of the features added to LinkedIn’s setting, along with the user blocking feature, are as follows:
- Disconnecting: Allows you to remove an existing link for any LinkedIn member in your network.
- Customize your public profile: It allows you to manage your public profile to be discoverable or not by search engines.
- Activity broadcasts: Allows you to set whether other users can see your updates on your profile page, such as recommendations made, followed companies, etc.
- Photo visibility: Allows you to set who can see your profile photo.
- Profile viewing: Allows you to set how your profile will appear to another user whose profile you have visited.
Steps to Block People on LinkedIn
Fortunately, blocking someone on LinkedIn is now very easy. With this feature, you will finally have some peace and quiet on your profile page. But you should remember that once you block someone on LinkedIn, you will no longer be able to access each other’s profile, you cannot send messages to each other, and you cannot access contents shared by them. So let’s explain how to block people on LinkedIn;
- Go to the profile page of the person you want to block.
- Tap or click the “More” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap or click “Report / Block” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Block member named (…)”
- Finally, in the confirmation window that opens, tap “Block.”
FAQs About How to Block People on LinkedIn
You can block up to a thousand members on LinkedIn.
It takes 48 hours before you can re-block the unblocked member.
Click the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage. Then click “Settings and Privacy,” finally, click the “Change” next to “Blocked” in the “Visibility” section. From this section, you can see the list of people you have blocked and make changes if you wish.
You cannot see the profile of the person you block.
Click the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage. Then click “Settings and Privacy” on the “Privacy” tab, click “Blocking and Hiding” on the left side of the page. Click “Change” next to “Blocking.” From your “Blocked” list, find the person’s name and click “Unblock.”
Benefits and Conclusions of Blocking on LinkedIn
In this article, we gave a very detailed answer to the question of “Can you block people on LinkedIn?” So, why should I need to block someone on LinkedIn?
First and most importantly, to avoid receiving spammy or inappropriate messages. The second reason is to be protected from stalkers. Finally, this way, you can hide your profile from a former employee or boss.