All of the personal information has been on people’s mobile phones since smartphones were launched. Also, they don’t want to lose their personal data, messaging history, contacts, and other things on their phone. One of the most important reasons for using the messaging application is that phone users send photos, videos, texts about themselves to each other; also, it takes longer to interact over mail platforms such as Gmail. Therefore, they need to backup applications like WhatsApp Messenger, which is the most popular messaging application with a large storage capacity and over 1.5 billion users worldwide. WhatsApp app is an excellent choice to save your photos, videos, articles, and history. Well, how to backup WhatsApp?
Why Do You Backup WhatsApp?
- You don’t lose your WhatsApp history by using the backup if your phone is lost or broken.
- If you back up your WhatsApp, you can restore your WhatsApp when you buy a new phone.
How to Backup Whatsapp
This process is different for Android and iOS systems. However, it is easy for both.
Backup WhatsApp for iOS Devices
Here are the steps to backup WhatsApp for iOS devices:
- To begin with, you should manually open WhatsApp on your phone.
- When WhatsApp is opened, tap the ”settings” part in the right of the bottom line.
- After that, choose the ”chats” option that has a green WhatsApp icon.
- You should see some options, including ”chat backup,” tap it.
- You can see a warning for backup: Make sure your phone has an Internet connection and that you have enough free space in Cloud. If you have both of the two necessities, then you can go on.
- Tap the ”Back Up.” So, your WhatsApp backup your iCloud.
- If you don’t want to lose the videos on WhatsApp, you can choose the ”Include Videos” option.
- There is an ”Auto Backup” button in the chat backup option. You can set the timing of backing up by tapping it. When you tap ”Auto Backup,” you see ”daily,” weekly,” monthly,” and ”off” options. You can backup your chats every day, week, or month; it’s up to you.
Backup WhatsApp for Android Devices
You can find the steps to backup WhatsApp for Android devices below:
- Firstly, open your WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Later, you should tap the ”more options” on the right of the top line on the homepage. It has three dots icon.
- Choose the ”Settings” in the bottom option.
- Tap the ”Chats” that have the speech balloon icon.
- Now, you should tap the ”Chat backup” option.
- You can complete the backing up by tapping the ”BACK UP” button. Also, you can see the information about ”Last Backup” on the same page.
- There is the ”Google Drive settings” part at the bottom of the ”Back Up” button.
- From the ”Back up to Google Drive” option, you can set the backup range as daily, weekly or monthly.
- You can see your Google account.
- You can choose the way of backup from the ”Back up over” option. (”Wi-Fi” or ”Wi-Fi or cellular”)
- If you back up the chat history with videos, you should open the ”Include videos” option.
Backing WhatsApp Up in Short
WhatsApp is a growing messaging application. The users are increasing every day because of functional features. In particular, you can back up your chat history and transfer it to another device. People don’t want to lose their history. As a consequence, they don’t waste their time due to losing their information. We expect that you absorb how to backup WhatsApp.
Facebook Messenger vs WhatsApp
Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp are both applications for creating conversations with people you know. You can create chat groups or make video calls ...
How to Record a Video on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a multipurpose messaging application in which you can communicate your contacts in several alternative ways. One of these ways is sending ...
If you want to learn more about WhatsApp, read our latest articles about it. You may be interested in how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages.