LinkedIn is a social platform that helps individuals find jobs or internships through their CVs, and with the new update, interests also play a big role. You can contact people who worked in the same or similar schools or with similar interests and jobs by writing down your past education and work experiences. You can follow the companies and see the job postings they have published.
The Additional Information section on LinkedIn profiles introduced the Interest area at the beginning of 2017. Your potential employers may want to get to know you outside of your education or work experience. For this reason, you should add your interests to your LinkedIn profile. But when adding your interests, remember that professional people will view these. You may like knitting or cars, but when it comes to LinkedIn, we don’t think your audience is interested in them. You can add the news sources, thought leaders, companies, schools, and groups you follow to the section on your profile.
Adding Interests to Your LinkedIn Profile
Let’s see how we can add interest to our profile together.
- Sign in using your username and password.
- Find people, companies, schools, or groups you are interested in using the search bar.
- When you hit the Follow button on the person’s or company’s profile page, the company will be listed in your profile’s interests section.
How to Remove Interests on LinkedIn?
The people, companies, and groups you follow may not be interesting to you anymore, or they may be out of date and not informative anymore or something that is not related to your work. For this reason, you may no longer want to see these pages, or you want nobody to see them and want to remove them from your interests.
What should you do if you want to remove interests on LinkedIn?
- View your Linkedin profile
- Scroll down until you see “Interests” and hit “See All.”
- View your interest by category
- To remove interests in the categories Of Influencers, Companies, and Schools, click the checkbox to Unfollow.
- You can also hide your LinkedIn profile as well.
To Conclude LinkedIn
In this article, we briefly explained what LinkedIn is and adding your interests to LinkedIn and removing the interests you have added; we gave you some tips about which interest you should add your profile.