For a comfortable stream experience and chat management, Twitch platform developers have divided users into groups. Editors and modders are responsible for managing the channel and chat, managing the process using commands. But even users can access simple information requests via the command line. Keep reading further to learn how to add commands on Twitch.
There are lots of things to watch out for when streaming on Twitch. After setting up the channel and identifying the streaming schedule, pictures, and marketing, you will need to look for one or more chat hosts. Whether you are just a beginner or a professional streamer, having a mod to manage the chat will keep your audience safe and ensure that the overall atmosphere is positive. While streaming is usually a positive activity, communities (and streaming) can be extremely affected by hateful commenters. You may’ve seen or heard of a problem with Twitch chat and heard someone stay calm, or at least try to do it, which is the job of streaming.
But how do I make someone a mod? In this guide, we’ll introduce you to the knowledge you need to gain moderator advantages, how it works, what Mod can do, and all the other tips to make it easier for you and your community.
All commands have a common syntax. They start with the / character, followed by the action and additional parameters. To confirm, you need to send a message to the chat by pressing the Enter button.
Using Chat Commands on Twitch Chat
To use a chat command, you simply need to send a typical message to the chat, for example: “? Direct”, where “Direct” is the name of the chat command. You should remember that the first step is writing a “?” symbol, and automatically after that step, you should write the name of the chat command. You can likewise send chat commands from your panel through the control tool.
How to Add Chat Commands on Twitch
You should follow these tips to add a chat command to your Twitch conversation:
- Open the “commands” menu from the primary menu; after that, you can open the “custom commands” menu.
- Type in the name of your chat command in the “command name” section at the lower part of the menu. We can give you an example such as “Facebook” if you need to use the Twitch chat command, for example: “! Facebook”.
- Type in the name of your chat command in the “command name” section at the lower part of the menu. Here we give you another example: “Instagram” if you need to use the Twitch chat commands: “! Instagram”.
- Click the Create button once you have picked and entered a name for your chat request.
- In the Edit menu of your new chat command, discover the Reply section and enter the message you need the chat command to answer to in Twitch chat.
- Choose the Save button at the lower part of the menu.
That is all you need to do. Your chat request is currently prepared, and you can use it by communicating something important “! Command” to your Twitch chat (where “Command” is the name of the chat command.)
How to Edit a Chat Command
- Open the “commands” menu from the primary menu; after that step, you can open the “custom commands” menu.
- Find your chat request in the menu search bar, discover your request in the table, and afterward tap on the pencil button (named Edit) in the table column of your request. At this very point, the system will take you to its Edit menu.
- Find the reply section and type the message you need the chat command to answer in the Twitch chat.
- Click on the Save button from the lower part of the menu.
Using / Mod is not the only command you can enter. Whether you are a host or not, many different commands are very useful for your attention. These are quick commands that one can type into a chat to perform useful functions that affect the stream.
How to Cancel a Modification
As mentioned in the list of commands above, you can remove someone’s host role by typing/un Mod [username] in the chat. This revokes the host permissions for that user. After typing the command, a message appears that reads, ” You have removed [username] as the host for this room.” Use this feature if the Mod violates the rules or if they abuse their power in the chat. Make sure to use the / mods command to see a list of all hosts in that channel, which may come in useful if you need to un-modify multiple users.
FAQs on How to Add Comments on Twitch
Editors and Modders are responsible for the management of the Twitch channels.
You can send chat commands from your panel through the control tool.
Having a mod to manage the chat will keep your audience safe and ensure that the overall atmosphere is positive.
You should start the command with the / character, followed by the action and additional parameters.
You should remember that the first step is writing a “?” symbol, and automatically after that step, you should write the name of the chat command.
Conclusion on How to Add Commands on Twitch
In this article, we’ve explained how you can add commands to Twitch. Hopefully, we were able to help. If you want to learn more about Twitch, you can check our other articles about it. You may like our article about how to make Twitch panels for example.