Instagram is a widely used social platform with more than a billion users. We all like to spend time on Instagram and when we do we think of ‘What if I had a second account?’ That is why many users wonder how to add and manage multiple Instagram accounts.
There are many accounts we follow on Instagram. They may be pet accounts, car accounts, fashion accounts, DJ accounts, or business accounts, etc. Most of these accounts are actually secondary accounts of some users.
Being able to have a second account is a great idea. If you couldn’t do something you would in your current account, you can create another account and do what you want there, it is amazing. The good news is you can add up to five accounts.
Let’s take a look at how to add and manage multiple Instagram accounts.
How to Add Multiple Instagram Accounts
If you already have an account and want to create a second one for your business or just for fun, it is possible to add up to five accounts. Adding multiple accounts on Instagram is quite entertaining and easy. Here are the steps to do it:
- Go to your Profile page and tap on the three-lined button.
- Tap on Settings.
- You will see the ‘Add Account’ button under the Logins section.
- After you tap on ‘Add Account,’ tap on ‘Create New Account’ from the popup menu and start entering the login information.
- Choose a username for your new account. You have to pick a non-existing name. Instagram helps you to find a unique username by showing the possible names.
- Then choose how to log in. You can log in with your existing account or you can sign up with an e-mail or phone number.
- Tap on next and tap on the ‘Complete Sign Up’ button.
- Then you will see the ‘Terms and Data Policy Updates’ page.
- When you tap on ‘Back to Instagram,’ Instagram will allow you to find Facebook friends to follow. You can choose to Connect to Facebook or Skip that part.
- Now you have to select a Profile Picture. Again, you can skip this part.
- After you are done with the Profile Picture, you are all set. Welcome to your new account.
How to Create a Professional Account
Creating another account is easy. However, you cannot create a Professional Account directly. You have to do it manually. There are two types of Professional Accounts. One is the Creator Account, and the other one is the Business Account.
Let’s take a look at how to convert an account to a Professional Account.
- Go to the Profile of the account you want to make it Professional.
- Tap on the three-lined button on the top right side of the page.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Next, go to the Account section.
- When you are in the Account section, you will see the blue ‘Switch to Professional Account’ button. Tap on it.
- Then it will ask you to choose either to make a Creator Account or a Business Account.
Making a Creator Account
What is a Creator Account on Instagram? A Creator Account is an account type for Instagram Influencers. It is something different than the Business Account.
When you want to create a Creator Account, Instagram will tell you its benefits. With this account, you can have Flexible Profile Controls, Simplified Messaging with a new inbox, and More Growth Tools which offer advanced insights.
Here are the steps to make a Creator Account:
- Once you have chosen the Creator Account, you will be directed to a page that mentions its benefits, tap Next to continue.
- Now you have to select a Category for your account. There are several categories you can choose or you can search a Category from the search bar.
- After you have selected a Category, you can choose to Display the Category on your page. Then tap on Finish.
- You can connect to your Facebook page by linking your account.
- Review your contact info and adjust your display options, then you are good to go.
Making a Business Account
If you are a business owner and especially you have visual products or services, you have to be on Instagram. Almost every business found itself a place on Instagram.
Businesses like coffee shops and boutique clothing shops get a lot of traffic from Instagram. That is why it is crucial for them to have a Business Account.
Let’s have a look at how to create a Business Account on Instagram:
- Once you have chosen the Business Account when converting your account, you will be directed to a welcome page.
- Then you have to tap on Continue, while Instagram informs you about the features of a Business Account.
- Just like in the Creator Account, you will have to select a Category.
- After you have selected your Category, you will be directed to the ‘Review Your Contact Info’ page.
- Then you can connect to your Facebook page if you like or you can skip this.
- Lastly, Instagram will direct you to a page where you can complete your profile, share photos and videos, learn from others, and invite friends.
Note: You can go back to being a Personal Account anytime you want. You can switch back to Personal Account from the Account section in Settings.
How to Switch Between Accounts on Instagram
Switching between accounts is pretty simple. You don’t have to go to Settings or log out and log in.
- Go to your Profile page.
- Tap on your username at the top of the screen.
- You can see your other accounts and an ‘Add Account’ option.
- Tap on the account you want and you switched your account.
Short, trending musical videos are worldwide and on social media. Well, we can say that TikTok has led the way with that type of content. However, it ...
Note: You can get notifications from all of your accounts if you turn on the ‘Push‘ notifications. This way you don’t have to switch between accounts to see notifications.
We have covered how to add and manage multiple Instagram accounts. It is possible to add Instagram accounts up to five. You can either turn them into Professional Accounts or keep them as Personal Accounts.
We have also mentioned how to create a Creator and a Business Account on Instagram. If you want to learn more about Instagram, please check out our articles about it.
You may also like: How to Remove An Instagram Account.