Your Instagram link in bio is the first thing someone sees when they land on your profile, so you must make good use of your bio. It’s the only place on Instagram where you can embed a clickable URL for your visitors to drive themselves through as traffic.
We all know the value of a good first impression. Instagram is no exception to that rule of thumb. So, it’s important to have a great Instagram bio that draws in users and encourages them to follow you.
If you want to spice up your Instagram link in bio, here are some suggestions to consider.
How Can You Optimize Your Bio
You do something – and you do something that sets you apart from anyone else. For someone to consider following you, you should put value to the table and give them a reason in the first place.
Tell this side of your brand in your bio. Always assume and consider that a potential follower will view your profile and decide what to do in the next ten seconds. In that case, your bio is the most visible part of your account among all.
- Explain what makes you unique. What will you add to them?
- Explain what you can do for them. Do you provide services or sell stuff?
- Explain what you share on Instagram. What’s your niche? Do you know it?
- Tell users what you do and who you are. Is your brand accessible enough?
Make It Intriguing
- Instagram is about having fun. Your bio should mirror that fun side of your personality.
- Don’t make your bio too formal if your situation doesn’t require you to do so. Show some goofiness, include emojis or symbols in your bio.
- Use humor and make people laugh. Knowing your audience will help when cracking up a joke the next time.
Keywords aren’t used on Instagram in the same way that they are on other platforms. Thus, you can expect to stuff your bio with unrelated keywords and expect to rank better on the Explore Page.
Hashtags work well and are easily searched on Instagram. But hashtags in your bio aren’t clickable and won’t show up in search results.
So, it recommends avoiding them in your bio, unless you have a custom hashtag you are recognized for.
Even though keywords aren’t necessarily going to help you in terms of searches on Instagram, you should still use them to connect with other users.
Take the time to craft a customized bio representing your brand and personality, but that fits within the Instagram format and culture.
Some people utilize personalized fonts to stand out among others. Don’t forget; the main point is to grab the attention of the person. Thus, nothing is too much.
Add Your Website Link
The only place on Instagram where you can place a clickable link is in your bio. Take advantage of this real estate and include your website URL, landing page, blog posts, or another link in this section. You can add multiple links, including links to your Instagram posts, and send people directly to your post.
Including a link in your bio also shows users that you are a credible business. This encourages people to follow you so take advantage of it.
- First, Open Instagram.
- Visit your profile by tapping the profile icon on the bottom right.
- Tap “Edit Profile” at the top.
- Write a custom description in 150 characters or less.
- Add a brief link to your website in the form of “yourdomain.com.”
- Add links to other profiles by tapping “@” followed by the profile’s username.
- Use hashtags by tapping “#” followed by the hashtag you are associated with.
- Tap “Done” to save your bio.
Now you have successfully added a link to your Instagram bio.
Conclusion – Always Optimize Your Bio
It’s almost impossible to get more Instagram followers without utilizing your profile’s secret tricks to their full potential. We hesitate when mentioning the words “secret tricks” as these are no secrets or tricks. Nevertheless, we see that many people fail to take their Instagram accounts to their true potential.
Therefore, always optimize your bio and keep it updated. You can’t possibly know when a potential customer will visit your profile by chance or anything else. You have to be ready!
So, did you optimize your Instagram bio beforehand, or are you going to do it now? Let us know right down in the comments.
Thanks for reading this article.