If you did see Kylie Jenner tagging her boyfriend Travis Scott directly on her butt on an Instagram post, your views about the tagging feature may have been changed. In this article, we will give you information on how many people can you tag on Instagram.
We are social creatures, and naturally, it’s expected that we enjoy certain things with people whom we love. Thanks to Instagram, like other social media platforms, you can easily tag the people beside you on the photo you just posted. In that way, the internet is like a big old photo gallery.
Other than the sentimental part of it, it’s also a great way to get in touch with the relevant people that you can’t normally chitchat with. You can get their attention with an amazing post. However, how can you do that if you don’t know how to tag people on a post?
Let’s learn how you can.
Instagram’s Inbuilt Tag Feature
Currently, when you tag people with the tag feature you can do 20 people but after that Instagram won’t let you do more. Therefore, you shouldn’t go that high with the numbers. Who’s going to check that twenty individual tags anyway?
However, how many people can you tag on Instagram if you mention them directly from the comment section with the @ sign?
- You should be able to get more than 20. You’ll have to try it yourself. The case for stories is much less with a max of 10 tags.
- When it comes to hashtags, Instagram says on their page: “You can use up to 30 tags on a post; if you include more than 30 tags on a single photo/video, your comment won’t post.”
So, keep that in mind if you decide to use a lot of hashtags.
How to Use Hashtags to Your Advantage
A recent update now allows you to follow hashtags so the most popular posts with the said hashtag will show up on your feed even if you aren’t following the account that posts using that hashtag. Keep that in mind when using hashtags. Keep them relevant to your content and don’t overdo it.
- Find the best hashtags that correspond with your posts.
- In any hashtag page at the top, you can see related hashtags that are also popular. Find the ones you could work with.
- You can also consider creating your own hashtags.
- You should stay away from banned hashtags as they might tank your impressions.
If you stick to a consistent plan that promotes your hashtags and maybe sometimes ask profiles with a bigger fan base to use your hashtag you can grow your account over time.
Conclusion on How Many People Can You Tag on Instagram
When you think about it throughout, Instagram’s tagging feature is bliss. You can share your best moments alongside your friends with the vast world of social media. It’s up to them to admire it.
However, you should be careful when using it as there is not a distinct line between too much and just right. This is especially true for the other tagging feature; the hashtags. In that case, we know that the optimal number is nine, so, don’t go overboard. Thanks for reading.
Do you utilize hashtags or do you tag people to relevant posts? Let us know right down in the comments section.