With the development of technology and the use of smartphones and mobile devices, social networks have gained much popularity. The number of users of these platforms is increasing day by day. One of these social networks is Twitter, as predictable. Twitter is an instant messaging application with a simple interface that provides networking among people, as well as being a popular sharing site. So today, we will teach you how does Twitter work.
Twitter is a platform that allows you to share your thoughts with a 280 character limit. The logic is quite simple. You can share almost anything you want. Such as the food you eat, an improvement in your company, some news, who you are with or how you feel.
In addition to being a way of communication, Twitter is also a useful advertising-marketing tool for companies. Businesses can easily reach their target audiences, promote their new products, and gain new customers through the corporate profile they create using the names of their brands.
How to Open an Account on Twitter
It is not difficult to open an account on Twitter.
- Once you set up your account, go to Twitter.
- Click to the ‘’New on Twitter? Sign up’’ section; it is on the right side of the screen.
- After entering your name, surname, e-mail address, and password in this box, click on the ‘’Sign up for Twitter ” button and you can proceed to the final stage of the registration process.
How to DM on Twitter
A direct message on Twitter is a private conversation between
you and someone who follows you.
- On Twitter, enter the profile of the person you want to post a DM to and click on the head icon above the bar that stands between the person’s bio and tweets, click “Send Direct Message.”
- To receive a direct message from someone you do not follow, that person must have sent you a direct message before, and you must have answered that person. Besides, some users can make the DM settings public so that everyone can text them.
- You can post a tweet to your friends, too. You’ll see four signs below the tweets. The rightmost letter sign allows you to share the tweet with another Twitter user via DM.
With subsequent updates, it allowed group chats in addition to
private correspondence for two. There was a character limit for DM at first,
but this limit was subsequently removed.
What Is a Tweet?
You can create text messages called ‘’Tweet’’ on Twitter and share
them with your followers. While there was no character limit for posts during
Twitter’s foundation phase, in 2007, Jack’s 140-character boundary was created
with his famous saying ‘’One could change the world with one hundred
and forty characters”. With a change in 2018, the limit of
140 characters in tweets was increased to 280.
When you log in to Twitter, you’ll see a list of the latest tweets. If
you want to look at others’ tweets on your Twitter homepage, you need to
follow them. Likewise, if others want to look at your tweets on their home
page, they should follow you. It is also possible to find and view tweets of
people you don’t follow by searching for topics, but their tweets will
not appear on your home page unless you follow them.
How to Tweet
People tweet about almost anything. Learn how to tweet to join the world of Twitter.
- To tweet someone, you need to use
the “@” symbol and their Twitter username in the tweet. Each time you
update, your tweets will be broadcast live unless you have selected ‘’Protect
My Tweets’’ from the Privacy and Security Settings. If your tweets
are protected, only your followers can see and answer your tweets.
- We use ”Mention” when we
want to talk about someone on Twitter. When you respond to a tweet, you mention
the owner of the tweet.
Why Should I Use Twitter?
Twitter allows you to simply communicate with everyone and share your thoughts with a single click. By using someone’s Twitter username, you can easily reach whomever you want and start a conversation with them. Moreover, you can learn what they like, and much more.
On other social media and sites, you need to be following your friends to share something with them. Maybe even then you may not be able to share anything. However, on the other hand, it is pretty easy to communicate with people from all over the world via Twitter.
What Is a Retweet
While answering the question on how to use
Twitter, we can’t ignore the Retweet feature. The Retweet is
called by taking a tweet shared by someone else and sharing it with your followers.
- After logging in, wander around
your home page a little bit, and you’ll see tweets from different people.
- The heart-shaped sign next
to it allows you to like a tweet.
- Two arrows sign on its left is the Retweet button.
If you want to write something on the Retweet, you can select the option below and write on it as if it were a tweet. If you want to Retweet directly, press the retweet option on the top. You can see retweets on people’s Twitter feed as well.
What Is Hashtag on Twitter
The hashtag is a word and phrase that
follows the # symbol without spaces. Twitter specifies topics and keywords in
this way. Thus tweets can be viewed together, and users can easily follow the
topics. Hashtags are perfect for starting a conversation or expressing your
thoughts on a particular topic.
What Is a Trending Topic
How to Use Twitter for Business
Today, the power of social media creates brand new opportunities in both daily and commercial life. Every day, hundreds of businesses are growing than...
This is the section of the top 10 most talked
topics in the corner of the page. Each country has its TT list. It
is also possible to follow the global TT list or to view personalized
topics on the TT list.
What Is Blue Tick on Twitter
Twitter blue tick is the approval system that
shows that the person has an original account. This system has a badge
with a blue icon on the right side of the Twitter username. The approval badges
are only provided by Twitter, and the accounts of those who want to place the
badge in their profile in different ways can be suspended completely.
How to Find Friends on Twitter
- If you type the name of the person you want to add to the search bar at the top of the site and then select the find people link, it will make your job easier.
- With the Browse Interests tab, you can discover new names based on your interests.
- You can also send an invitation by typing your friends’ email address with the Invite by email option.
- On the ‘’Suggestions For You’’ tab, you can list the names Twitter suggests to you. If you want a more detailed search, https://twitter.com/search-home is waiting for you.
How to Use Twitter for Business
Businesses can use this platform to increase
sales, increase brand awareness, improve customer service, and create
successful social media campaigns.
If you are new to Twitter or want to start using the platform to improve your business, there are a few things you need to know.
- Your profile photo should visually represent your brand.
- Use bio to describe your business. Include some information, such as your website link and location.
- Don’t be late to announce promotions, events, or news about your business. Don’t forget that, the more you use Twitter, the better it will be for your company.
- Use Hashtags. With this feature, it is possible to reach the desired subject and to communicate with the right audience. To draw attention, you can create your hashtags.
- You also need to be aware of how many tags you use. The more hashtags you use, the less likely your content will be to interact, because your posts may be perceived as spam. Therefore, you can use hashtags as long as you avoid using too many of them.
- Retweet people, sometimes this action encourages them to follow you or interact with you. Furthermore, you can also use retweets to support other bloggers, attract individuals with a particular impact on social media, or start conversations with potential customers.
- If you are talking to someone about a topic and cannot continue the conversation within 280 characters or if you need to deal with a customer service situation, you can send a message directly. Moreover, in this way, other users won’t think negative things about your company and see the problem. All of these are on Twitter’s services.
Conclusion on Twitter’s Innerworkings
We hope you have found the answers that you were looking for. If you need answers to questions that you can’t find online, you might try contacting Twitter. To be able to do that, take a look at our tutorial on how to contact Twitter via email.