Often you feel exhausted to keep your feed in shape or follow others’ tremendous videos or photos. Or, you sense that your privacy has been breached and have to delete your Instagram account. We are here to help you.
First, you have to decide whether or not you want to delete or disable your Instagram account. Instagram permanently deletes your account once you approve the first. So, be careful.
How to Disable an Instagram Account
When you approve the deletion, your photos, videos, followers, and all other account data will be lost forever. In short, there is no turning back from deletion. You may prefer to disable your account for a while to get relax and feel energetic to return.
NOTE: Disabling your account on a computer is much easier and convenient.
Deactivation with Computer
- Go to https://www.instagram.com/.
- Click the profile icon.
- Click “Edit Profile.”
- Click “Temporarily disable my account” at the bottom of the page.
- Choose a reason for disabling your account.
- Enter your Instagram password.
- Click “Temporarily Disable Account,” then click OK.
Deactivation with Mobile Devices
- Open your Instagram application.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal bars at the top right.
- Next, tap on Settings at the bottom.
- Go to the Help Center.
- Next, click on “Managing Your Account.”
- Next, click on “Delete Your Account.”
- Choose “How do I temporarily disable my account?”
- Instagram provides you easy-steps to freeze your account.
When you disable your account, your photos, videos, followers, and other information will remain.
How to Restore Your Deactivated Account
- Open your Instagram app.
- Log in with username and password.
- Your Instagram account is reactivated.
Tip: If you feel that there is no need for Instagram application, delete it from your smartphones to save some space.
How Can You Delete Your Instagram Account: Step-by-Step
Still, you want to delete your account permanently? Be aware that all your information will be lost and you will not be able to use the same username again. The process of deleting Instagram account is not so hard but sometimes it can be a mess.
Unfortunately, there is no possible way to cancel your account on mobile devices. Therefore, you will have to use a computer.
- Go to Instagram’s Permanent Account Deletion link to proceed.
- Instagram will ask for feedback and want you to state a reason for your immediate leave. You can give genuine answers if you want. You will still have to select something though.
- Click “Permanently delete my account” to confirm your choice. This is the point of no return.
Now you have deleted your Instagram account forever. When you try to log in your old Instagram account user name and password you can not log in anymore. Because of that we suggest temporarily disable.