If you are new to the social media concept, you will probably be confused about adopting the thing called friend or follow on Facebook. What does it mean to follow someone on Facebook? What is the difference between following people and being Facebook friends with them? Many people have been wanting to get the answers to this question.
So today, we will try to help you understand the fundamental differences about friend or follow on Facebook. Let’s start right away.
What Does It Mean to Follow Someone on Facebook?
You don’t have to be friends with an account to establish a connection when using Facebook. By following that account, you can follow their posts on your timeline. What are followers on Facebook, you may ask. They are usually famous people or influencer accounts people tend to follow. But you can also follow regular Facebook accounts, or they can follow your account. If you want more followers on Facebook, maybe buy Facebook followers to improve your account. So following someone or another account following you does not mean you are friends on Facebook. Therefore, even if you see the posts of the person you follow, they cannot see yours and do not interact with each other. The difference between follower vs following is that when you follow someone, you become a follower, and they’re on the list of your followers. If you are curious about how to see Facebook followers go to your profile and check your followers’ section. Check the Facebook Help center for more information.
Being Friends on Facebook
Being friends with someone on Facebook is actually one of the main purposes of Facebook. It allows you to get a friend circle by interacting with people as friends. And that’s how Facebook is classically used. You send a friend request to one account, or another account sends you a friend request. Then you establish a mutual connection and are now friends. You can see each other’s content, comment, and like your posts. You can have all kinds of interactions with each other.
If you add a person as a friend on Facebook, you will be different than the other people on Facebook for this person by the following things. You will be able to:
- Send a message without message requests
- See both public posts and private posts to the friend list
- View their status updates
Differences Between Facebook Followers vs Friends
Let’s now look at some basic differences between being friends with someone or following them.
- The main difference between being friends with someone on Facebook or following an account is that you cannot interact with the account you follow. On the contrary, when you are friends with someone on Facebook, you can exchange messages and comment on each other’s posts, but when you follow someone, this interaction becomes limited.
- Also, when you send a friend request to someone, this request must be approved by the other party; otherwise, you will not be able to connect, but when you want to follow someone, you can follow them directly.
- The person you follow may limit their Facebook followers and may not be followed by everyone. You can also use this feature in your own account.
Want to know more about this interesting social media platform? We strongly suggest you check out who owns Facebook to learn more about it.
At the end of the day, following someone is different than adding someone as a friend. The most important difference is you can’t see a Facebook profile’s private posts if you are not on the profile’s friends list. We hope that our article helped you understand the fundamental differences between friend or follow on Facebook.