If you’re a daily user of Instagram, then you may have come upon ‘an unknown network error has occurred’ warning.
Instagram is the world’s preferred online photo-sharing social networking app. It has simply taken the planet of photo-sharing to a full new level.
However, sometimes Instagram shows error messages.
What Does ‘An Unknown Network Error Has Occurred’ Error Mean?
This notorious error appears once you try to log in to your Instagram account. This is a common error and can appear at any time while logging in to Instagram via the application.
There are not any such specific reasons for this error and there are not any exhausting rules to mend this error. You can simply get eliminate this error by following some simple steps.
Generally, this error seems as a result of some network problems and might be simply fastened.
This error seems solely on Instagram mobile application and if you log in via Instagram’s website then you may not face this error.
You can follow these strategies one by one and that I hope that any of them can work for you and you may get to eliminate this error quickly
Restart Your Mobile
The first and simplest way to eliminate Instagram Unknown Error is by restarting your mobile session.
Simply keep pressing the Power button on your device until it restarts itself.
- Once you have restarted the device, open the Instagram application.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Boom! You will no longer face Unknown Network Error.
Check Internet Connection
Sometimes this error will occur as a result of your web affiliation.
If you’re having a foul web affiliation or having slow speed then there’s the prospect that you just can find yourself facing this error whereas login to the Instagram application.
So the easy fix would be to change your internet connection and try logging in again on another internet connection.
- In case you are using a wi-fi network, then turn off your router for 5 minutes and restart the connection.
- Right after that, log in to your Instagram account and you will successfully be logged in.
Clear Data & Cache
Here comes the main solution to this error.
Sometimes cache files of the Instagram application can cause this error, and therefore, the simplest way to solve this error is by clearing the cache files on Instagram.
- Go to Settings > Applications of your mobile phone,
- Look for the Instagram application, tap on it.
- Then, tap on the Clear Cache button.
- After that, tap on Clear Data.
- Now open Instagram again.
- Log in to your account.
- Boom! You will be logged in.
Check Date & Time of Device
If the date and time of your device aren’t set properly, then there will be ‘an unknown network error has occurred’ issue on the Instagram application.
- Open the regular Settings section on your device and attend the Date & Time section.
- Set Date & Time choice to automatic and save your choice.
Update the Instagram App
If any of the above methods haven’t worked, then there is another fix.
It is updating your Instagram application.
- Open the Store on your mobile phone and search for the Instagram application.
- Then you should tap on the Update button and let the Instagram get updated completely.
- Right after the update is complete, open the app and log in to your Instagram account.
This problem may be too much for you to handle if you have little to no experience with this type of stuff.
Therefore, it may be a wise choice to get professional aid from Instagram Help. Some errors are simply too much for us to grasp and find a unique solution.
Hence, further knowledge may solve your problems.