Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms on the internet. It was launched in 2004, and it is still in use since then. It became popular in 2009 with 350m registered users and 132m unique monthly users, and since then, the number of its users has increased exponentially. Facebook is used worldwide by all age groups. It has over 2.7 billion monthly active users in the second quarter of 2021. Even on a large-scale platform, sometimes errors may occur. One of them is Facebook “Attachment Unavailable” error. It prevents us from viewing images that were hosted in a group.
Why Does This Occur?
There can be several reasons. First of all, it may occur because of some bugs, wrong configuration, or a general error; you can encounter this error. The second possibility is the user who shared it may have removed the attachment. The third reason is it may be about privacy.
When you share an image, your privacy settings might be altered. For example, if you are trying to share a picture posted on Twitter, your security settings are private. Thus, only Facebook friends of this user who shared the image in the first place are permitted to see posts where the photos are hosted and have different privacy settings. It is an unfortunate circumstance because the group members are not always added to the friend list.
What Can Be Done to Solve This Problem?
As said, this issue can be caused by multiple reasons. There can be several problems, such as the Facebook something went wrong error, attachment unavailable error, and more. However, luckily, there are a few things that can be done to fix them. Here are the ways to solve the “Attachment Unavailable” error.
Altering Public Sharing Setting
In most situations, this technique helps users fix the Attachment Unavailable error on Facebook. Before you share the image, make sure that the privacy setting of the image is set to Public:
- Firstly, open your wall on Facebook.
- Then, click three horizontal dots. The drop-down menu will be open.
- Select from “Your Story” or “News Feed” options.
- There will be a drop-down menu on the right side.
- Finally, click it and select “Public.”
Importing the Image Directly
Use this method as a second alternative: Upload the image directly to the specific group where you want to share it instead of sharing just the link.
- To enter the mentioned particular group, open Facebook’s main page.
- Click the “Groups” option located on the left side.
- Select the group where you want to post the picture.
- Then, click “Add Photo/Video.” Do not forget to set privacy to Public.
- Select Upload Photos/Videos and click the file to upload it.
Changing Your Privacy Settings
Setting your Facebook Privacy to Public easily fixes Facebook attachment unavailable errors. Still, this option allows everyone on Facebook to see your posts regardless of whether they are on your Friends list or not.
- Click the arrow icon in the menu bar. It is located at the top-right of the Facebook page.
- Click and select “Settings.”
- Open up the “Privacy” option.
- Under the “Privacy Settings and Tools” window, you can find the section “Your Activity.” Under the “Your Activity” option, you will see “Who can see your future posts?”.
- Click the “Edit” located next to it.
- Set the setting to “Public.”
How to Leave a Facebook Group
There are millions of pages and groups on Facebook. Some of them can join voluntarily, while others can join involuntarily. The groups we like or join...
If you follow these steps and finally share your attachment, buy Facebook likes to boost your account. If you can’t fix it, even if you apply these steps, you should contact Facebook Support.
Conclusion on How to Fix the Facebook Attachment Unavailable Error
In this article, we explained how to fix the Facebook “Attachment Unavailable” error. There may be multiple factors to cause it, such as setting your privacy options only to your friends, or it may be due to general glitches on Facebook. With our guide, solving this issue is easier than ever.