Is there anyone who does not have a Facebook account? Probably not. Facebook, or Meta as it is now called, remains the most popular social media platform, with an active user base of 2.98 billion. Facebook also offers a wide range of tools in addition to its enormous user base. Therefore, Facebook is still a very promising platform, especially for marketers and business owners. Hence, thanks to these tools, you can achieve your marketing goals while engaging with a wider audience. There are several other marketing tools to discuss, but let’s focus on Facebook Business Manager first.
What Is Facebook Business Manager?
Facebook Business Manager, also known as Meta Business Manager, is a free platform that Meta provides. Thanks to this platform, business owners and marketers can easily manage almost all aspects of their business in one place, including their ads. When users sign up for this platform, they can access and use Meta’s other essential tools, like Facebook Ads Manager. Therefore, you can manage everything about your business in one place. The platform works as a central point to control many aspects of your business.
Facebook Business Manager Basics
Facebook Business Manager comes with multiple features to help you achieve the most from your Meta business accounts. For example, users can access their assets, create and run campaigns via Ads Manager, and see their analytics together in well-organized, secure dashboards.
Moreover, you can assign different roles to different team members. Therefore, larger teams can work collaboratively while getting detailed reports on their marketing efforts. Facebook Business Manager is a place where different tools are combined. If you sign up for Facebook Business Manager, you can easily access other useful tools like Facebook Ads Manager.
According to Facebook Business Manager itself, it offers you to:
- Oversee all of your Pages, accounts, and business assets in one place.
- Easily create and manage ads for all your accounts.
- Track what is working best with performance insights.
Who Should Create a Facebook Business Manager Account?
Facebook Business Manager is highly beneficial for business owners, as well as marketers, social media managers, creators, and marketing agencies. If you want to reach more people, first buy Facebook followers and fasten the process. It is a central point where you can access all Meta marketing tools in one place. Overall, it offers a well-organized platform allowing users to run their marketing activities. Facebook Business Manager is especially a good option for teams and larger businesses in which collaboration is essential.
What Is the Difference Between Facebook Ads Manager and Business Manager?
These two are separate tools that function differently. For example, Ads Manager focuses primarily on managing your ads, while Business Manager focuses on organizing your business. Business Manager has a large set of different roles and permissions as larger businesses have larger teams to control. On the other hand, Facebook Ads Manager focuses solely on creating, editing, and optimizing your ads. Therefore, Facebook Ads Manager and Business Manager target different needs. However, Facebook Business Manager works as a central point where you can easily access all other marketing tools of Meta.
Get Started with Facebook Business Manager
If you want to benefit from Facebook Business Manager, you must also have a personal account to confirm your identity. Otherwise, you cannot create a Business Manager account. Each personal account can create up to two different business accounts.
Let’s get started with setting up a Facebook Business Manager account.
How to Create and Manage a Facebook Business Manager Account?
Create Your Business Manager Account
Creating a Business Manager account is easy.
To create one:
- Visit business.facebook.com/overview.
- On this page, select Create account.
- Write your business name, fill in the other required information, and click Next.
- Enter the other details of your business and select Submit.
Add Your Facebook Business Page(s)
To add a page to your business account, you must be the owner of that page. Otherwise, you cannot claim the page and add it to your account. To add your Facebook Business Page(s):
- Go to Business Settings in your sidebar.
- Proceed to the Business Assets section, select Accounts, then click Pages.
- Click on Add, located in the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on Add a Page.
- Enter the Facebook Page name or URL of it.
- Lastly, select Add Page.
Add Your Facebook Ad Account(s)
Business Manager allows you to add your ad accounts to your Business Manager account. Be careful that once you add your ad accounts to your Business Manager one, ad accounts will permanently stay in the business account. To add your Facebook ad account(s):
- Go to Business settings.
- Go to Accounts from the menu located on the left-hand side. Click Ad accounts.
- Then select the blue Add icon from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, select Add an Ad account.
Add People to Help You Manage Your Facebook Assets
When you allow other people to manage your assets, you can also control the levels of the permissions you give. To do that easily:
- Go to your Business settings.
- Select People.
- Choose the person you want to add.
- Then select Add Assets, and choose a type of asset.
- Select the business assets you want to assign. You can control the level of access to give your partner.
- Finally, click on Save Changes.
Connect Your Business Partners or Ad Agency
Firstly, your partners must have Business Manager accounts too. Then you need to know your partner’s business ID. To add your business partners to your Business Manager:
- Go to Business settings.
- Proceed to Users and click on Partners below.
- Click on + Add and make a choice between two options Facebook offers you.
Add Your Instagram Account
To be able to do this, you need to enter the username and password of your Instagram account first. Then you can add your Instagram account easily:
- Proceed to Business settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Click on Instagram accounts.
- Select the blue Add icon.
- Click on Connect your Instagram account.
- Finally, enter your password and Instagram username to confirm the changes.
Set Up Facebook Pixels
Facebook or Meta Pixels is a way to get insights about the traffic of your business websites. In Business Manager, go to the Business settings.
- Choose your business.
- Click on Data sources.
- Next, choose Pixels.
- Click on Add in the search bar located at the top.
- Enter the name of your pixel.
- Select Continue to set up the Pixels.
Increase Security on Your Account
There are different steps to follow if you want your account to be more secure. You can verify your business profile and opt for two-factor authentication. You can assign different permission levels within a team while you can also select two different admins. Additionally, make sure that only trusted and authorized domains are allowed to join your business account.
How to Create Your First Ad on Facebook Business Manager
Now you are all set. You can start placing your first campaign in Business Manager by following these simple instructions:
- Go to your Business Manager dashboard and click Ads in the left column.
- From there, you will proceed to your ads dashboard. Select the blue Create ad icon located in the top right corner.
- Last but not least, do not forget to check out other sections, such as choosing a specific audience, setting a specific budget, or scheduling your ads.
Managing Your First Facebook Ads Campaign on Facebook Ads Manager
As Business Manager is a platform where different tools are combined, users can easily access Facebook Ads Manager to manage their ads better. Ads Manager focuses solely on ads and provides essential tools to boost your campaigns. The steps below are the basic instructions to run your first ad successfully. You may also want to check the Facebook Help Center article to clear your head of some confusion.
Create a Campaign and Choose a Campaign Objective
Thanks to Facebook Ads Manager, marketers can plan their objectives with its six campaign objectives. Each objective is well explained and updated to help you choose your specific goal. Moreover, it allows you to see your previous ads’ objectives to help you set your new goal. For further information, do not forget to check out its detailed chart that includes all these six objectives.
Create a New Ad Set
The Facebook ad set is a group of ads where you can control their audience, budget, placement, bid settings, etc. To create a new ad set:
- Create a campaign.
- Then enter a name for your new ad set.
- It might be necessary to choose a conversion location depending on which objective you have chosen for your campaign.
- Depending on your choice, you can turn on dynamic creative at this level.
- Go to the Conversion section to select the result you want to prioritize, then click Edit.
- Next, set the budget, and you can make a choice between the daily and the lifetime budget. If you previously turned on the Meta Advantage campaign budget, you do not need to do that.
- Choose the start and end date of ads.
- Choose Show More options to schedule your ads.
- Target an audience. You can use Custom Audience or Lookalike Audience.
Click on Save this audience; you can use the same audience again in the future.
Set a Budget & Schedule
As mentioned above, you can easily set a budget and a schedule for your ad. Overall, there are two different budgets to choose from in your ad set: daily and lifetime budgets. If you choose a lifetime budget, you can schedule your ad to show up at a specific time. You can also set a spending limit.
To set a budget & schedule:
- Create a new ad set or choose an existing ad set.
- Navigate to the Budget & Schedule section.
- From the drop-down menu, go to the Budget and Schedule.
- Choose Show more options, select Ad Scheduling, and click on Edit.
- Click Run ads on a schedule.
- Click to choose the time when you want your ad set to show up.
- Click Next. Your ad set is now scheduled.
Choose Your Audience
As mentioned above, you can choose a specific audience and create a new one while creating a campaign. To do that:
- While creating a new ad set, target an audience. You can use Custom Audience or Lookalike Audience.
- Click on Save this audience. You can use the same audience again in the future.
To create and save a new audience:
- Create your new campaign.
- Before choosing an audience, click on Create a new audience.
- Fill in the blanks that require the details of your new audience, then click on the checkbox you will see in the top-right.
- You can also choose this audience in Saved Audiences later on.
Choose Where to Run the Ads
Facebook Ads Manager recommends Automatic placements. However, you can turn off that option to opt for Manual Placements:
- Navigate to Ads Manager.
- Choose the objective you want and click on Continue.
- Do not forget that not every objective supports all the placements you want to choose.
- Proceed to the Placements section. You will see both Manual Placements and Automatic placements.
Choose Your Ad Format
Depending on your objectives, Ads Manager offers several different types of formats to choose from. These are video, image, carousel, instant experience, and collection. Keep in mind that some formats may not be available to your choice of objective. To see these formats:
- Below Ad Setup, select Create Ad. A few options will show up.
Choose an Image and Add Your Copy
Adding an image or a copy is another easy process:
- From the drop-down, select Add Media, and you will see various subtitles such as Media, Headline, Display link, Primary text, Description, etc.
- Add your image or your copy to one of those categories. Scroll down to click Publish.
Place the Order for Your Ad
If you have finished creating your campaign, do not forget the publish it:
- When you finish creating your ad, select the Facebook Pixels checkbox and click on the green Place Order button. Facebook will approve your ad unless it violates Facebook’s Advertising Policies.
Monitor Facebook Ads Campaign Performance
Now that you published your very first campaign, it is time to track its performance:
Proceed to Ads Manager.
- Choose the level you want to analyze your ad.
- Click View Charts to access the charts showing your ad’s performance.
- Here, you can also check out the Demographics, Placement, Performance, or Delivery of the ad you published.
How to Add Song to Facebook Profile
Greetings, aficionados of melody and rhythm! Have you ever pondered about making your Facebook profile a reflection of your musical preferences? If so...
If you have more questions, check the Facebook Help Center page.
In conclusion, Facebook Business Manager, also known as Meta Business Manager, is a free platform to enhance your marketing strategies. While it provides an organized platform where you can access different marketing tools, it allows large businesses to manage all their marketing activities securely. Therefore, Facebook Business Manager continues to be a popular digital marketing tool. By following the simple instructions we mentioned above, you can start managing your business accounts with Facebook Business Manager.