Facebook is a challenging place with thousands of people, if not millions, who roam around with their own opinions. Moreover, these people feel obligated to bestow their opinion on anything they may stumble upon. In a situation like this, it’s quite normal for anyone to feel muggy
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t provide its users the option to get rid of the comment section for good. Nevertheless, there is a trick you can use to turn off your comments on Facebook.
Change Facebook Comments Settings
Today, we are going to learn some little tips to ease our minds against this constant current of voices.
Facebook is a massive platform. This is especially true if you have a lot of friends, followers, or some kind of audience that follow you through your life journey. They can find the right to comment on everything you post and it can be a headache to deal with these people.
However, you can always pull yourself back and get some privacy on your own. Wouldn’t it be good to disable comments forever? Then you wouldn’t have to deal with teenagers asking dumb questions, ladies or gentlemen dropping hearts on your photos, and more…
There’s a way that can increase your privacy to some extent, but don’t expect miracles.
Note: This option only works for your personal account. There are other ways of solutions for Facebook Pages and Groups.
How to Turn Off the Comments for the Most Part
- Go to Facebook through your favorite web browser, Chrome is preferred.
- Then, click on the triangle-shaped icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the Settings button from the drop-down menu to proceed.
- After that, start navigating through the left panel and click on Public Comments.
- Here, you can change the option about who can comment on your posts.
- Click on the Public text to open the drop-down menu and choose among the options.
- Friends of Friends
- Now, only the people you allow can comment on your posts. In the most extreme case, only your Friends will gain access to the comments.
How to Disable the Comments on Facebook Pages and Groups?
Let’s say that you want to turn on or off comments on Facebook Pages or Groups. This is something really easy to do, but there are some restrictions you should keep in mind when making your changes.
Note that you can only turn off comments if it is your post or you are the group admin.
- Select group posts which you don’t want to receive any comments.
- Click on the three-dotted icon at the upper right corner of the post.
- Click on “Turn Off Comments.”
- Any comments for this particular posts are restricted.
If you are wondering if it’s really possible to get rid of all current and potential comments for good, you’ll feel sad when you learn that it’s not an option.
However, it’s possible for personal accounts to make adjustments based on their own tastes. In that case, you can make the comments visible only to your friends. You can’t go beyond that.
Also, it’s not possible to disable comments on Facebook Pages and Groups. You can exclude individual posts from receiving comments; however, you can’t get rid of the feature altogether.