Day by day, digital marketing is becoming a more and more advantageous and highly preferred marketing method in today’s technology world. With digital marketing tools, you can promote your products and services in digital media. Digital marketing is the marketing process of a company or brand in a digital environment. The largest utilizers of this efficient marketing method via digital channels are social media and mobile platforms.
With the rapidly increasing number of people who can access the Internet, it is no surprise that digital marketing is surpassing alternative marketing techniques with ease. Companies using e-commerce and mobile marketing currently sell their products by alternative methods chosen by their consumers. Digital marketing can adapt to the new world as the world evolves. It naturally is a more up to date way of marketing than traditional marketing strategies. Large and medium-sized businesses that do not allocate a budget to digital marketing may fall behind in competition than their competitors in the market.
This post will show you which tools you can use to demonstrate yourself through digital marketing and digital channels so that you can promote your brand, increase sales, and establish a systematic relationship with your customers. So let’s see what digital marketing tools and softwares are.
What Are the Types of Digital Marketing?
As we have said before, with digital marketing methods, results can be obtained much faster than traditional marketing methods. It is thanks to the online platforms that provide continuous interaction with the users. However, companies offering digital marketing services need specific tools to achieve more effective results. Under this title, you can find out what digital marketing tools are and how they operate.
This term indicates and outlines the creation, distribution, and analysis of content, intending to achieve one’s marketing objectives. The points that can play an important role in your content marketing strategy are:
- Blog Post: Writing and posting articles on the company blog helps you demonstrate your industry expertise and generate organic traffic around your business. Finally, it allows you to convert your site visitors into leads for your business.
- Ebooks and handouts: These are content of a certain length that further educate your site visitors. Creating valuable information content also allows you to give something useful in exchange for the readers’ contact details.
- Infographics and illustrations: Sometimes, readers see and enjoy the information right away, without wasting too much time on long articles to read. Infographics can immediately give information to users.
- Videos: More than 100 million hours of videos are viewed on Facebook every day. Furthermore, 80% of users usually review a video already viewed in the previous month. These numbers seem to be constantly growing; that’s why it’s time to take advantage of the video’s great appeal.
Social Media Tracking and Management Tools
- Buffer: A tool that saves you heaps of time to manage social media. Thanks to the features provided by Buffer, you can share, schedule, and analyze all of your platforms in one tool. It has a free version as well as paid versions with more features.
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite is one of the most used social media tracking and management tools. This tool also allows you to manage all social media accounts from one place. Thanks to this tool’s planning feature, you can share the content you want on any day, at any time. It also has a monthly subscription system.
- Sprout Social: With Sprout Social, you can manage your social media accounts and access statistics of your accounts. These statistics are about your content delivery speeds, level of interest per post, usage, and other factors so you can learn how often you need to share. In addition to this, you can also schedule your posts. It has no free option.
E-Mail Marketing Tools
- MailChimp: MailChimp is a tool that allows you to prepare and send targeted e-mails. You will be able to reach customers very easily with the choices you will have among professionally prepared templates. You can use MailChimp free of charge or use it by paying for a premium membership.
- Constant Contact: Thanks to Constant Contact, you can customize your e-mails, send the right message at the right time, and view your statistics. It has no free version.
SEO / SEM Tools
- Google Ads: An advertising service by Google that you can use to get website traffic, product, and service. It is a system that ensures that the products and services offered by you reach the right audience. The pricing depends on the level determined by your company. Your payment is made the moment your advertisement is clicked on.
- SEMRush: This SEO tool allows the keywords to be placed in a special order through detailed research on the internet. SEMRush lists the results in the search engine for websites competing in certain words.
- Google Trends: One of the handy digital marketing tools, Google Trends, provides you information about the latest trends, data, and updates. You can see what topic is trending in the last 24 hours by choosing a category or country. This tool is free to use.
Communication Management Tools
- HubSpot CRM: With this tool, you can see how much income you get from your channels, and which channel is more efficient, by having access to detailed statistics. You can use HubSpot CRM for free.
- Salesforce: Salesforce is a platform that enables you to create a customer-oriented workplace by utilizing customer information in marketing, sales, customer service, and business analysis. It has paid options as well.
Project Management Tools
- Trello: Trello is a smart tool that you can easily manage on your computer or a mobile device. In this very simple to use the system, you can create new projects, add teammates, assign tasks, and add task dates. You can use Trello for free, but it also offers paid options with more features.
- Basecamp: Basecamp is a project management tool that you can also use on your computer and your mobile device. By utilizing Basecamp’s features, you can manage your projects and ensure healthy communication throughout your company. After the 30-day free version, you will need to use the paid version.
FAQs On Digital Marketing
If you are looking to expand your brand and attract more customers for your products, you should know that traditional marketing techniques will no longer suffice. With technology advancing further each day, the internet has become accessible by many people around the globe. And the best way to push your product out there is to take advantage of digital marketing.
Digital marketing tools provide you a ton of features that can help your brand stand out and shine. These features include having access to multiple social media accounts in one platform, analyzing customer information with high levels of detail, finding trends in the last 24 hours depending on your choice of category or location, and more.
Yes, some of the tools we have discussed in our article have free versions, but there are also many alternatives to these tools you can find on the internet, which may have free trials or can be used at no cost.
Websites should be updated based on the pulse of the business it addresses, and if the website gets outdated from the updates and improvements on the business, it’ll easily become useless for the users.
Let’s be honest; a blog is still by far the most used and the most useful method to distribute marketing content the easiest way on your website, a channel that you have full control over.
Conclusion – Tools Are Quite Useful
This article has informed you about what digital marketing is, what it is used for, what digital marketing tools are, and what they exactly do.
Digital marketing is simply the optimal way of marketing, which is used by so many companies. As accessing the internet becomes much easier worldwide, billions of people are exposed to digital marketing each day. And of course, there are many tools to utilize digital marketing, which specialize in different digital marketing types. For example, Hootsuite specializes in tracking and managing your social media accounts, while Trello is a tool that emphasizes task and project management. We hope to answer all of your questions about digital marketing and what kind of tools are used in digital marketing.