Instagram has an essential place among social media platforms today. Every day, thousands of people become members of Instagram, and naturally, every day, people get many follower requests. Instagram users can regret later these follower requests that they once accepted, and they may want to delete or unfriend them. When you do not want someone to follow you on Instagram, it is now possible to delete them from your followers effortlessly. And we will tell you exactly this issue today, how to delete followers on Instagram.
Steps to Delete a Follower on Instagram
It is a very short and simple process to delete someone you do not want to see from your list of followers. Since this method was not used in the past, when you did not want someone to follow you, you had to block that person and then unblock them again. Unfortunately, when you did this, the comments and likes of that person were getting deleted too. Now that you can remove someone from your followers, it is possible to perform this process smoothly without any loss of likes and comments.
- First things first, open your Instagram application from your mobile device and go to your Instagram profile.
- Then, click on your followers’ list and type the username of the person you want to delete from your followers to the search box at the top of the list.
- After finding the person you want to delete, you will see a ‘Remove’ button next to him/her.
- Lastly, click on it to delete this person from your followers.
How to Delete All Followers on Instagram?
Unfortunately, even though Instagram brought the feature to delete followers, it still has not offered a feature that enables us to remove all of our followers at once.
If you want to delete all your followers on Instagram and get rid of them, you have to delete or block these accounts one by one, unless you are not using a third-party application. At this point, some people should have heard your cry for help, so they developed apps and presented them to app markets like App Store and Google Play.
There are third-party apps that let you delete all of your followers on Instagram all at once, and the most prominent app is the app called Cleaner for Instagram. With this application, you can delete all of your followers at once and in a short time by making multiple selections.
- First thing first, you need to download the Cleaner for the Instagram app on your mobile device. You can download this app on your mobile device from App Store or Google Play Store.
- After downloading the app, log in to your Instagram account through the app, and go to the tab where your followers are.
- In this section, you will see an option named Select All, click this option.
- Next, the app will ask you if you are sure. If you are sure of your decision, confirm this choice.
- That’s it! Now you can say goodbye to all your followers.
Deleting Followers in Short
In this article, we explained how to delete followers on Instagram, which Instagram users are very curious about it. Since Instagram is a platform where we share personal things, it is quite reasonable for us to delete the people whom we do not want them to follow us. Thanks to Instagram, it is quite easy to do this.
Unfortunately, there is still no feature on Instagram to delete followers altogether. In fact, Instagram users look forward to this feature as well, but unfortunately, we have to use third-party applications until this feature comes out. Do not forget to use your account as a private account and to accept the follower requests carefully. After carefully reviewing them, you can feel more secure on Instagram.
If you want to learn more about Instagram and its features, please check out our latest articles about it. You may be interested in how to know if someone blocked you on Instagram.