Connect and make new friends on Instagram
For some time now, Instagram has become the social network for young users even surpassing other well-known social Medias. However, some people may find it a little dicey to use at first. Do not be afraid, with the right guidelines; it is easy to search for old friends and also follow new friends. Below are some easy ways to make friends on Instagram:
- Use the search bar. The most direct and simplest way to find someone on Instagram is to use the search function. When you launch your Instagram, locate the search bar and use it to find friends and people you want to meet.
- Type the name of the user you are looking for. When you locate the search bar, click on it and type in what you are searching for. If you’re looking for an individual, then type his or her username or real name. If on the other hand, you do not know the name of the person or brand you seek information about, just type a keyword and Instagram will bring some suggestions for you to choose from. You can also select tags options and type in a search query so as to find posts which relate to the same terms through use of the hashtags. For example, a search for “dance” will bring out different options relating to dance. This is an amazing way to find people who share the same interests.
- After using the search button, you would get a list of users that match your search terms. Click the appropriate profile you are looking for in this list, and then click on the person’s name to glance through his or her profile. At the top of the profile, you would see a “Follow” button since you are not following the user. Click this button to add the profile to the list of people you follow. Some users have privacy controls on their Instagram profile which mean they cannot be followed instantly unless they accept it manually. In this scenario, you would have to wait until the user approves you before you can start receiving updates from the person.
- Comment and interact with new friends- Everyone appreciates and loves seeing new faces interacting with their Instagram pictures or videos. Leaving a comment and liking someone’s photo simply shows that you are listening to the message they are passing across and show interest in what they are doing. Asking a question also leads to a response from them which can eventually result in a long and eventful conversation. Showing others that you love and are interested in what they are doing is a great way to make friends on Instagram.
- Participate- Social media gives you the platform for you to participate in what others are doing. Join some groups and endeavor to contribute to their discussions. Building relationships online is almost the same as building them in person. Become an active member of your group.
With these fantastic and easy guidelines stated, you will make more friends you can ever imagine.