Whether you cannot remember your Instagram account or you have a reason why you want to change Instagram Password there are ways to change or reset it.
- You can use your computer and log out using the website or you can do it from your Instagram app. This process allows you to log out from Instagram on all your devices at the same time.
- If you are not logged in, you can reset your password by going to the Instagram applications login screen. Go to the bottom of the screen and tap “Sign In“.
- When the sign-in screen is opened and if you were previously linked Facebook and Instagram accounts, you try logging in trough Facebook account.
Tapping the “Login with Facebook” option you will have a chance to log in with your Facebook account. This will allow you to get access to your account and change your password if you could not remember it.
In case you did not log these two accounts, you should look in the next section in order to get instructions on changing your password in the Instagram application.
Is It Hard to Change Instagram Password?
Sometimes it can happen that an email gets in your Spam folder, by accident, so make sure you check that folder too. Also if you use Gmail, you have to crack all the tabs.
- If you follow the link and you create a new password you will need to enter the new password twice to confirm it.
- You should go to the bottom right corner on the Instagram screen to open the rofile tab.
- Then go to the Options menu which you can find in the upper right corner of the Profile screen.
- You have to enter your current password and then you will need to confirm it once more and then change the password.
- To confirm your new password you must enter your new password once more and then tap “Save”.
- At the top of the window, a message will appear indicating that you changed your password.
- Then return to the “Edit Profile” screen.
One more way to reset your password is by using the Instagram website. The difference between this and previous ways of password change is because this way of password reset will log you out from every device you are logged in.
Change Instagram Password from Android
When you try to change your Instagram password on both of these operating systems, you will realize how connected and related they are. Therefore, steps do not change much when you use Android or iOS. However, there are still some points you should take care of. It is not that hard to change your password.
If you have Android version of the Instagram application and you have previously connected your phone number to your account, you can reset your account by phone number.
- Underneath the username and password field, you will find the “Get help signing in” field.
- You can enter your username, email address or phone number and you can reset your password.
Change Instagram Password from iOS
If you have an iOS version of the Instagram application you can use Facebook to reset your password. All you have to do is “Reset with Facebook” to log in to Facebook and reset your Instagram password.
Of course, you will be able to do this only if your Facebook and Instagram accounts are connected.
- You have to find your reset link and you select how you want to reset your password.
- You will receive a link that will allow you to reset it and an email from Instagram if you selected email.
- This email will contain a link to the password reset page.
- You will receive an SMS with the reset link if you entered your phone number.
If you can not use any of these methods, you have to contact support or make a new account.