Have you noticed the Stories with colorful backgrounds? Today, you’ll learn how to change background color on Instagram Story.
In 2016, Instagram Stories made a start to compete with Snapchat. Since then, Instagram Stories has improved a lot. Let’s take a more in-depth look at how the Stories have built itself against other social behemoths.
Instagram Story Effects & Edits
While there are many built-in and direct ways to add color to your Instagram Stories, a feature is hidden.
We’re talking about adding a pure background color and wondering how to do that? It’s easy to do. Continue reading.
Add Background Color to an Instagram Story
You can add a background color when you create a text story in type mode. However, you can also do this by adding a color block in normal mode.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap the Story icon in the upper left corner to go to Story mode. Now take a new photo or upload one from your gallery.
- Touch the pen tool in the upper right corner. Then select any color from the color palette below.
- Hold the selected screen anywhere on the image until it is filled. Congratulations, you’ve added a background color.
- Press Done and use the Text tool to type anything in this background. You can also add stickers and other items.
Make a Cool Effect with a Transparent Background
If you want to add a transparent or bright effect to your photos instead of a solid color, you can also do so in the following steps:
- Go to Story mode on Instagram and take or upload photos.
- Select the Pen tool and tap the second pen.
- Select any color from the bottom panel. Hold anywhere on the picture or tap and hold until a translucent layer covers the entire screen.
- Touch Done.
Now you can continue to create this story.
Show Image in Background
You may have seen a lot of Stories with randomly drawn lines in photos to hide something or someone’s face. How about we do the opposite? You can change the color block to show this effect using the Eraser tool.
Here are the steps:
- Color your image or add a translucent layer, as shown above.
- Then touch the Eraser icon. Using your finger, delete the portion of the color block you want to reveal.
- Touch Done.
It’s a unique way to create teaser Stories by showing only a significant portion of photos.
Changing the Text Background
Now let’s show you how to change the background color of the text in Instagram Stories.
Instagram currently offers five font styles: Typewriter, Bold, Classic, Modern, and Neon. While it does not support modern and Neon background color, others do.
Change Background Color of Typewriter Font
- To test this, use a random block from a color block or gallery.
- Create a story and tap the Text icon.
- Type your text and tap the font name above to change it — select Typewriter.
- If you want to change the text color, select any color from the bottom palette. Tap A with the stars in the upper left corner to change the background color. Then select the color from the palette.
- Touch Done.
Change Background Color of Strong Font
- Tap the Text icon in any story and enter your text. Select the Bold text style.
- Tap A with the stars in the top left corner and select a background color.
Change Background Color of Classic Font
Similarly, select the classic font style when creating a story. Then tap A in the top left corner and select a background color. If you tap A again, the background becomes transparent. You can play with these two modes.
Change the Background Color of a Question Tag
The recently introduced question tag has become quite popular. With this interactive tag, you can post your questions, and people can answer it.
Now, we can think that we can normally ask questions. The distinction here is that you can share responses on Instagram using the native sharing feature.
To change the background color of the question tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Story mode and tap the Tag icon. Select the question tag.
- Tap the question label, and you’ll get the color palette below. Select any color you choose to keep it as the background color.
Change the Background Color of a Hashtag
If you add a label, you will be able to select a color from the limited options. However, if you want more color and font options, add a hashtag using the text, and then change the color. Here are the steps:
- Go to Story mode and tap the Text icon.
- Type #, and then your hashtag text. Now you can change the color and style.