Social media is a powerful marketing tool for B2C (business to consumer) businesses. But what about other industries? Many B2B companies avoid using social media strategies for their marketing plan, and they think it is not the place they can promote themselves. We see many beauty products companies online but rarely see an instruction or IT company on social media. However, B2B social media strategies are crucial for every business now.
Social media is definitely a good tool to promote B2B business, too. There are many successful B2B companies that grow their business with the help of social networks. To promote your business and increase awareness, you need to build a good B2B social media strategy.
How to Create B2B Social Media Strategies
If you decide to build a B2B social media marketing strategy, here is how you can do it:
- Define Your Goals: The first step you need to do is defining your marketing goals on your B2B business. What do you want for your brand from social media? Maybe, you want to reach more people, sell your products, or just update your information on social media. Whatever your reason is, you need to define your goals to start to build a B2B social media strategy.
- Write Your Plan: Once you defined your goals, it is time to know your audience. Examine the profile of your audience and understand their expectation. Search which method you can use to access your audience on social media. Determine the best tools for your business.
- Start and Test Your Strategy: Start to use social media strategy for your business. Try to understand people’s reactions towards your strategy. Then develop your strategy based on the information you collected. It is good to be open to new experiences, so use new social media strategies in your brand strategy.
Some Ideas on B2B Social Media Strategies
If you know your target audience and the strong sides of your business, then you can try to do the followings:
- Try to create a personality on social media. People always create connections with people instead of corporations. You can try to represent your brand with a personality.
- Use conversational language. Try to avoid boring company language on social media.
- Engagement is the key to social media. Don’t just post on social media platforms; keep a connection with people who are probably next customers. Increase the engagement of your account on social media and generate leads.
- Use different social media tools. Don’t think LinkedIn is the only one for your company. Try to use various social media tools to promote your business. You can’t know where you can find your new customers on the internet.
It depends on the goals of marketing and audience expectations. In general, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are frequently used, and successful social media tools for B2B companies.
Yes, social media tools are not only for B2C companies, but B2B companies also use them to increase their engagement between customers and gaining new customers. It is still the best marketing way for B2B companies.
The difference can be summarized in that way: B2C marketing mainly focuses on quick solutions, whereas B2B marketing focuses on long term plans and building new relations in the business world.
Social media is a powerful tool for B2B companies. B2B social media strategies can help you to get new customers, increase the popularity of your B2B brand, and even acquiring new business partnerships. It would be best if you used conversational language and manner on social media tools to create a successful social media strategy.