After achieving some success on Instagram, you have seen fit to take advantage of the popularity you have earned on this social network to promote your website. For this reason, you would like to add a link in your Instagram Story: a type of content that is followed with particular interest from your followers, but you still don’t have clear ideas on how to proceed. Did we guess right? Well, then know that you’ve come to just the right place at the right time!
In the next paragraphs, we’ll show you what the requirements to be met to use the sharing of links in Instagram Stories are, and we will show you, in a practical way, how to use the feature in question (which unfortunately is not yet within everyone’s reach). Finally, should any problems arise, we will also explain what you can do to solve them.
How to Add an Instagram Story Link?
After reaching the goal of 10,000 followers or having a business/verified account; you can finally add links to Instagram Stories in an extremely simple and intuitive way. You only need to create a new Story, press the button for the function that allows you to insert links; paste the link you want to bring to the attention of your followers (or write it “manually”) and, finally, post the content on the social network: that’s all!
- Start the Instagram app on your device,
- Log into your account (if necessary),
- Tap on the profile pic (located at the lower right),
- Press the blue button ( + ) located in correspondence with your photo (top left).
- Take the photo or make the video you want to share (or use a content saved in the roll of your device),
- Find the chain symbol located at the top (next to the sticker icon) and press on it.
- In the Other options screen, tap on the item (+) Weblink and,
- Enter the link you want to put in the Story using the text field, http://example.com for this purpose (you can write it “by hand” Or, more simply, paste it after having copied it).
- Press the option to see a preview to verify the correct functioning of the link:
- If everything is okay, tap on the Send item (located at the top right) and publish the Story by pressing the Your Story button located at the bottom left.
Users who view the Story will see the link and open it by simply scrolling up the content.
Requirements for Adding Links in Instagram Stories
As useful as it may be; the feature that allows you to attach hyperlinks in Instagram Stories is not yet available to everyone. You need to have one of the two important requirements to activate it.
- The first requirement that must be met to take advantage of the possibility of inserting links in Instagram Stories is to have an account followed by at least 10,000 followers.
- The other requirement is to have a business or a verified account.
FAQs About How to Add Links to Instagram Story
If your follower count is lesser than 10,000, or you’re not verified, or you don’t have a business account, you will not be able to add a link to your Story.
Stories count for a day should be around 10-20 if you don’t want to lose your followers’ attention. Fewer stories can make them forget you, and too many of them can get you unfollowed.
Unfortunately, you can’t set your Stories to stay lesser than 24 hours, but you can delete them manually before they expire on their own.
The only way to see someone’s vanished Instagram Story is by their Instagram Story Highlight, only if they’ve added it to them.
As a general rule, the more followers you have, the fewer followers watch your Stories. On average, 4% to 4,4% of the followers watch the stories of business or personal brand accounts.
To Conclude Adding Links to Instagram Story
This Instagram Stories Link feature was anticipated by many marketers who have been looking for more ways to attract traffic from Instagram.
When used effectively, marketers who have access to this feature will certainly increase website traffic.